Monday, January 6, 2014

The Week Ahead - January 6

Outside my window...66 degrees and gloomy - hard to imagine that it is forecast to drop as low as 14 degrees by tomorrow morning.  No snow though so although we'll be bundled up, there's no need to break out the snow boots.
 
I am thinking...that it has never taken me this long to pack away Christmas. 

I am thankful...for slow days to work on packing away Christmas.  I'm inventorying everything in preparation for the (I hope) upcoming move as I pack it up.

From the kitchen...not sure - I was going to pick up some General Tso's Chicken at BJs on our way back from riding this afternoon but I'm not sure that there will be any riding - waiting to hear from Sophia's instructor.

I am hearing...the heater
 
Always one of my favorite things...Downton Abbey!  Season 4 started here last night - our Sunday nights are booked for the next few weeks.

I am reading...nothing, just can't seem to get into anything right now, maybe I have too many choices?

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...apart from running to the Tidewater Collection on Wednesday morning to show my new volunteer the opening shift procedures and a brunch/White Elephant gift exchange event with my spouse group on Friday, the week is empty.  Let's hope it stays this way this year, calm and quiet.

College Update...all textbooks purchased or rented, $503, yikes!  Classes start January 13.

Volunteer Update...one new volunteer trained last week, still have a few people to contact.  Perhaps now that the holidays are over, they will be available for training dates.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...no plans this month.

I haven't picked up a camera since Christmas so I'll leave you with the photo that was also the first one of 2012 - putting away the Christmas ornaments.

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

2 comments:

  1. No spoilers! I haven't watched it yet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun watching Downton - it makes a change that us Brits are the first with some tv shows!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete