Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Things you find when you're Minimalising

Good grief, you'd think I bake all the time with this little collection.

Clockwise from top left:

1.  The orange set of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, combo 1 teaspoon and 1 1/2 teaspoons, and 1 tablespoon is my most often used set.  I love the long, flat shape of the spoon bowls, super easy for measuring, and the way the wording is molded into the handle (more on that later).

2.  White 1/4 and 1/2 - sadly, it appears that the dishwasher heating element may have eaten the other members of this set.   I like these because the bowls are a convenient size for dipping into small spice jars.  The wording is not molded, but the ink has spanned the test of time.  I was going to feature these in a future Minimalism Game post but I think they have been spared.

3.  King Arthur Flour 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon - keepers as well - you can never have too many of these measurements.

4.  Coffee scoop - kind of useless since we use a lot of K-cups now but there's just something about it that says "Keep Me".

5.  The mix n' match spoons that are fortunate to have holes in the handles so they can be kept on a ring and in one place - the black one on the right is another coffee scoop but there's no marking on it so I'm not sure how much it holds (I'm thinking 1 tablespoon?), then there is a white set of 1/4, 1/3 (honestly, have you ever used 1/3 teaspoon of anything?), 1/2, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 tablespoon and 1 tablespoon that has the added advantage of having the milliliter conversion as well.  To its disadvantage, the ink of the wording is fading fast.  Next up, also white 1/4, 1/2, and 1 teaspoon, a different color ink but also fading, then a metal set of 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon, and then my favorites (even though I have never used them), a set of dash, pinch, and smidgeon - so cute!

6.  The green thing is a cookie scoop but that was a total waste of money.  The green part is soft rubber so you are supposed to use your finger to push the rubber part up and voila! the scoop of cookie dough pops out.  Sadly, the voila! and popping out part failed miserably every time I used it.  Soon to feature in a Minimalism Game post.

And that is my measuring spoon collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment