Monday, May 12, 2014

The Week Ahead - May 12

Outside my window...hot - up in the 80s with a thunderstorm here and there - ugh.
 
I am thinking...orders, orders, orders, we have ORDERS!  I probably don't need to tell you this, though, because I'm sure they heard my YIPPEE as far as Washington last Wednesday morning when I opened the e-mail and found them forwarded from Vic's office.

I am thankful...for orders - now I can really begin to plan.

From the kitchen...leftovers.

I am hearing...the clock ticking.
 
One of my favorite things...a new Pandora charm for my bracelet.

I am STILL reading...Navy Wife by Debbie Macomber...quick and easy.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...spending most of the week at the Tidewater Collection - prep fo the clearance sale today, set-up for the clearance sale tomorrow and then the clearance sale on Wednesday, working at an evening event at the shop on Thursday and then getting my bangs cut on Friday.

College Update...no change - still waiting for housing deposit due date - notice will come at the end of May - and FIGs (First-Year Interest Groups) application date - May 19.  Today is Sophia's last day of school - can't believe that my girl has a whole year of college under her belt.  This time last year, I was planning her high school graduation.

Volunteer Update...one turnover still needs to be rescheduled as the candidate had to go out of town so our meeting was cancelled, discussed the status of the second position at the board meeting last week and there is a potential candidate - the co-managers will take her out to lunch and pop the question.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...we wouldn't have made it to Washington DC over the weekend because Vic ended up having duty but Smitten by Britain has a great post on the British Embassy's open house event here.

Sophia spent a little of her hard-earned pet-sitting cash on a couple of new dresses - love this one!

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So glad to see the orders finally came through...time for serious planning! :)

    ReplyDelete