Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Week Ahead - June 9

Outside my window...another ghastly hot week - I'm loving that the temperatures in Washington are running 20-25 degrees cooler every day.
 
I am thinking...about leaving the Tidewater Collection.  I have really enjoyed my volunteer time and the friends I have made...as much as I am looking forward to our new adventure, I will be very sad to leave.

I am thankful...for fellow volunteers who stepped up to take over my Secretary/Volunteer Coordinator slot.

From the kitchen...something easy as we have a appointment this evening.

I am hearing...the clock ticking.
 
One of my favorite things...the amazing home inventory app, MyStuff2, for my iPad.  I'm in a barcoding frenzy, logging all our DVDs and books into the app.  Love it!

I am still reading...Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters...still haven't had time to read so much as a paragraph lately and it doesn't look good for this week either.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Mother-Daughter Morning Out yesterday (breakfast and shopping, so much fun), working at the Tidewater Collection today, Thursday and Friday, thirty-one event on Saturday, Father's Day on Sunday. 

College Update...a few upcoming dates: Sophia's telephone meeting with her advisor after July 29, housing assignments and parking permit issuance both on August 1.

Volunteer Update...said goodbye to another volunteer job, CORE Planning Committee Member and working on the Tidewater Collection turnover.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...Vic's heading to San Diego for a class later this month - that's the only thing on the travel schedule.

Had a fun morning discussing dorm room options with Sophia

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment