Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Favorites


I haven't done a Friday Favorites post in a while but since my daughter called last night to say her March care package arrived, I thought I'd blog about that.  If you're a new reader, you won't know that our daughter is in college about three hours away.  I came up with the idea of sending a monthly themed care package of a few things that she might need along with bits and pieces that I thought she would enjoy.  I really enjoyed coming up with the themes.  So far we've had Halloween (October), Movie Night (November), 12 Days of Elf on the Shelf from Afar (December - only 12 days that month before Christmas break), Frozen (January), Valentine's Day (February) and now St. Patrick's Day for March.


I've picked up most of my care package ideas from Pinterest - there are so many cute options, I need more months in the year!  I took two pieces of 12 x 12 inch scrapbook paper and cut them in half to line the inside of the box flaps which was super easy but adds another celebratory dimension and then I set off down the aisles of the grocery store to find green things.  You can see Tic Tacs, Lifesavers Mints, and Andes Chocolate Mints at the top of the box.  The box on the far left is Nonni's Thin Additives, thin biscotti-like treats that have the added bonus of pistachios (Sophia loves pistachios) and being in a green box.


They are really scrummy as Mary Berry would say (yes, I've had another morning of the Great British Bake Off!).  I also added a big bag of pistachios, as well as a box of Kleenex with a green design, a package of green paper plates, Pepperidge Farm Mint Chocolate Milano cookies, and in the yellow and green package at the top there, some sort of Sour Patch treats that I know Sophia also enjoys (they are a tart gummy-type snack).  There was a pair of shamrock-design socks as well.  Sophia loves socks.  At the bottom were the new license plates for her car in the Western design as well as two French books from home as she has a French class next quarter.


A little bit of the green for my wee one for the month of March.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea, love your themes! Pinterest is a treasure trove of great projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Almost as much fun to plan and put together as to receive, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea! And what a brilliant expression of love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea - just brilliant. I want a care package, too!

    ReplyDelete