Monday, March 5, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-8


Only two more weeks before I swap out this wintery scene for something more spring-like.

The weather:::
There's a real nip in the air this morning, just over freezing when I waved Vic off to work and the temperatures this week won't get much above 50 degrees.  That darn groundhog!  

On my reading pile:::
I AM going to the library today.

On my TV:::
Still in Midsomer (Murders), the most dangerous county in England.  Vic and I were laughing last night because yes, there is a short life expectancy for many Midsomer residents, however, for the time they are there, they sure live in some amazing houses!



Checked off the list:::
  • 25th Anniversary - here's to the next 25!  We didn't spend it river cruising down the Seine as we had hoped but we have the prospect of a new home before the end of the year so that's a great alternative.
  • Budgeting in the Civilian Life class was interesting.  I didn't learn too much I didn't already know but we came away with a great spreadsheet program for comparing current and post-retirement finances.
  • Volunteer shift at the gift shop was deadly slow so I caught up on some reading - a book I've read before from Lauraine Snelling's Red River of the North series but one that I enjoyed revisiting.
  • Vic's command's event - dinner and a hockey game - was a lot of fun.  I like hockey, seems less complicated than football or baseball and there is certainly more action.
  • Checked out the local home show and came away with a few ideas for the forever home.
  • Finally picked up The Mountain Between Us at Redbox - excellent movie.
  • Congratulations to all the Oscar winners, especially Gary Oldman in Darkest Hour, brilliant performance.

Crafts roundup:::
Still not really feeling the One Little Word project like I thought I would so I've done minimal work there.  Working on catching up on Project Life today.

And in other news:::
19 days until we have another college graduate in the house!  We are looking forward to our trip to Washington to see Sophia pick up her diploma.  My sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews will be there as well so it will be a nice little family reunion.  I can't remember if I mentioned that we have added two days to the trip to do some neighborhood searching.  We have a list of houses that are for sale or that sold recently that we want to drive by to get an idea of the neighborhood and the commute to possible employment.  That will help us narrow down the areas we want to be in when we go to seriously house hunt in the fall.


Can't wait to see these two!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you as you begin the search for your forever home. Sounds like you guys have a good plan for this new adventure. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete