Monday, August 20, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-26


After being absent for the month of July, I got back into Life Last Week and then, well, life just got in the way of posting all about it.

The weather:::
 Hot, hot, hot, humid, humid, humid, rain, rain, rain, and then more hot, hot, hot.....you get the picture.

On my reading pile:::
Finished Death of an English Muffin, on to Maisie Dobbs which I'm enjoying immensely so far.


On my TV:::
House of Cards in preparation for the new, final season and more Great British Baking Show, I just can't get enough of Mary and Paul.

Checked off the list:::
  • Vic spent a week in California and then was home for a week - he's working his way through his moving to-do list.
  • Spouses' group board meeting - our Welcome Social is coming up in September, always a fun time.
  • Volunteered at the gift shop and didn't bring too much stuff home with me!
  • Sophia is all moved in to her new apartment and cleaning the old one today.
  • Applied for mortgage pre-approval for the Washington house - should hear this week.
  • Booked our house hunting trip to Washington in September.
  • Booked all the hotels for our cross country trip.
  • Ordered a BarkBox for Spectra - does anyone else subscribe?
  • Inventoried all the kitchen/pantry items in the Christmas room (that's the third bedroom if I haven't mentioned it on here before - the overflow room for Christmas decorations and kitchen/pantry items that won't fit in the kitchen cupboards), all the DVDs, and books.  Working on the china cabinet today and then going upstairs to brave the craft room (the second bedroom) which currently closely resembles the aftermath of a tornado.  My home inventory app is certainly getting a workout.
Crafts roundup:::
Vic's the only crafter in the house right now - he is simultaneously finishing up the loveseat and my vanity.

And in other news:::
I have 11 sets of dishes!  Ok, some of them are only sets for two but still 11????  I need a serious china intervention.  Once we get the house hunting out of the way, I'll have a better idea of kitchen/pantry size and if I have to make some radical changes.

The kitchen/pantry section of the Christmas room

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great organizational plan to prepare for your move. Enjoy today and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete