Tuesday, November 6, 2018

TBB Asks - November 2018


It was a Tuesday post on Monday and today it's a Monday post on a Tuesday - I'm really at the point where I'm running a day ahead or a day behind in the final countdown to our move!  Check out The Blended Blog for more Giving Thanks goodness.

1.  Have you ever kept a Gratitude Journal?
No, thought about it quite a bit but just never put the thought into action.  I like the idea of making a Gratitude Jar and putting your thanks on a little slip of paper.  A lot of families read them out at Thanksgiving.  Maybe a strip a month because a strip a day would end up with a lot to read, especially if there are three, four, or five of you in your family.

2.  Hosting Thanksgiving at your house?
No, we will be at Sophia's house/pet sitting house for Thanksgiving in Washington.  Her house sitting family has graciously suggested that we cook and eat there since Sophia will be there with the pets and we will have just arrived from Virginia.  It's going to be a different kind of holiday this year but we'll all be together and that's all that matters.

3.  Favorite Food from the Thanksgiving Meal?
Stuffing and more stuffing.

4.  What one thing in nature are you most grateful for?
Fall, I love to see the trees change into their vibrant fall colors.  I took this photo in Maine one October when we were up there for a 4-H event.


5.  Pumpkin Pie?
Yes.

6.  Traditional Cookbook?
Yes, I love the original Betty Crocker version and you can get the New and Revised Edition on Amazon.


7.  Oven Baked or Deep Fried Turkey?
Oven Baked but only when someone else bakes it.  I'm hopeless with a whole turkey.  I usually buy a boneless breast and pop it in the CrockPot, always super easy and comes out so moist and tender.

8.  Thanksgiving Leftovers?
Yes, especially turkey sandwiches with stuffing and cranberry sauce.  Like Starbucks Holiday Turkey Panini, only better.

9.  What is one household product you are most grateful for?
I love these Wet-It dish cloths and there are so many cute designs.  They make great stocking stuffers and hostess gifts.  This winter design is my current favorite.


10.  Are you most grateful for home-cooked meals or restaurant meals?
Both really.  I love to cook but my current galley kitchen in our government quarters is a bit of a challenge so we often eat out or get a takeaway.  I'm looking forward to a more cook-friendly kitchen one day.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of those dish cloths. I'm glad y'all will be together for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete