Monday, July 28, 2014

The Week Ahead - July 28

Outside my window...The forecast for the week (moving week!) is mostly sunny.  It's 76 degrees here, 52 in Poulsbo, Washington.
 
I am thinking...that the to-do list is getting smaller every day.

I am thankful...for the local transfer station where we can drop some old furniture - 1-800-GOT-JUNK wanted a ridiculous amount to haul things away.

From the kitchen...to eat up the meager offerings from the fridge or to eat out - out will win I think.

I am hearing...the air conditioner.
 
One of my favorite things...dinner with friends, even if it was a farewell dinner.

I am STILL reading...Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters...I think I'm going to have to start from the beginning again.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...taking the vehicles (Vic's truck and Sophia's car) to the transportation terminal today so that they can be shipped, packers arrive on Tuesday and have allowed two days for packing but I'm not sure they are going to need that second day since I have many, many filled totes, loading the household goods on to the truck on Thursday, cleaning the house for the final inspection Thursday afternoon and evening and then we move to the Navy Lodge for two nights, final housing inspection Friday morning and then Vic checks out of his command with manicures/pedicures for Sophia and I in the afternoon and then early on Saturday morning, farewell Virginia, we are on the road. 

College Update...Sophia and her roommate received their residence hall allocation.  It wasn't their first choice but it was one of the halls on their list and, in hindsight, they think it might be a better choice than the hall that had been their top pick.  We booked a campus tour for a week after we get to Washington.  Sophia is so excited.

Volunteer Update...I'm done!  I worked for two hours on Saturday and said my goodbyes (well, they are "see you laters" in the Navy since you never know when your paths will cross again).

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...We had a final family field trip (in two parts) on Friday - Sophia and I toured the newly-renovated Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk along with a stop to watch a demonstration at the Glass Studio and then in the evening, we went to the Mermaid Factory where Vic and Sophia painted mermaids.  We ended our family field trip day with dinner at Small's Smokehouse and Oyster Bar which was delicious.

Sophia named her creation "Alana" - she has a magenta glitter tail, sand dollar bra, starfish in her hair and a tiny seahorse is suspended from her hand.  Vic's masterpiece is "Pamela" (his take on a Navy wife, perhaps?) and she has a blue tail, gold bodice, and proudly flies the Medical Service Corps insignia.

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

1 comment:

  1. As usual, you're super-organized! Hope you finished up your bucket list and can say goodbye to VA without regrets. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete