Thursday, February 25, 2021

Monthly Musings for March 2021

 

Ugh, fashion, so not my thing at the moment.  I walk, sometimes in the rain, right now in the cold, dark, very early mornings to the bus stop, head to work in an office in an industrial environment, and then repeat the process to come home.  There's no room for fashion in my life at the moment.  My work wardrobe consists of black dress pants, a variety of tops, warm sweaters because I always seem to be cold in the office, and a winter parka.  Foot-friendly shoes complete the ensemble.  Can we say granny?

So I'll play along this month with the wardrobe I'd love to have if my life circumstances were slightly, ok a lot, different.

1.  What are your spring must have pieces?  A couple of unstructured jackets in vibrant colors would be nice.  I'm not crazy about pastels but a nice emerald green or royal blue would be a splash of color and could be worn over a monochrome pants and top combo.  

2.  What are your spring must have accessories?  Add a statement necklace and earrings to the above and I'd be ready to face the world.  I have one pair of Kendra Scott earrings and I'd love to explore more of her jewelry.

3.  How do you transition your wardrobe to spring?  I'd love to have my wardrobe sectioned by season.  Some pieces are universal but a color palette for spring, a lighter one for summer, autumnal shades for when the temperatures start to drop, and cozy sweaters for winter would be just perfect.

4.  What are your favorite colors to wear in spring?  Vibrant colors, not the rusts and burgundies of fall, and not pastels, but jewel-like colors would be my favorites.

5.  Any spring fashion advice?  I can't think of any but I'll be interested to read what others have for this question.

6.  Do you change up your makeup in spring?  Not really.  I go lighter in the summer but spring is still pretty chilly here so I don't have to worry about lightening up my base makeup yet.

7.  Do you change up your skincare in spring?  Again, no.  The Body Shop's Vitamin E line takes me through all four seasons.

8.  Do you have a favorite spring scent?  I received a Jo Malone cologne sampler for Christmas and I love the scents, they are perfect for spring.  However, they don't seem to last very long on me so I'm hoping that's because they are cologne and that I'll have better results with perfume.

9.  Best budget tips for updating your wardrobe.  There are so many fashion blogs and Pinterest  boards that are full of tips for how to make the most of your wardrobe, things like capsule wardrobes.  Buy quality base pieces and you can add a splash of color here and there.  Accessorize for a look that will take you from day to evening easily.

10.  Do you think you will be wearing dresses this spring?  I very much doubt it - no date nights, no in-person church, no special occasions.  Maybe in a few months but not right now.

5 comments:

  1. I like this imagining of what a fun spring wardrobe would be like. Here's hoping you will have an excuse to wear a dress soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Can so relate to the sentiment in this post right now and on my work days in the office BUT so with you on bright colors and a Kendra Scott statement necklace- yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to write my musings post yesterday, and then just decided to pass since I don't have much style these days. I think I have worn jeans and a sweater or sweatshirt for the past few months! Better days ahead, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I head to Pinterest a lot for outfit inspiration. It is a great way to use more of what I already have on hand.

    ReplyDelete