Monday, May 10, 2021

10 on the 10th May 2021

 

It's a two post day as it's not only Hello Monday but time for 10 on the 10th.

May's topic is 10 Things You Hate to Do and I think Leslie's graphic has most of mine.

1. Cleaning the Oven - ugh, even with the self-cleaning function, it's still a chore.

2.  Exercise - let's face it, I'm just lazy so spending 30 minutes getting all sweaty is high on my list of things I hate list.  

3.  Drinking Water - that ranks up there with exercise, and I've tried everything to make it more palatable.  Nothing helps.

4.  Ironing - don't get me started.  Mum was an amazing ironer and I think I have a complex that nothing I iron will ever look as good as she could make it.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

5.  Clean house in general - there are those who love to clean and those who would love to have a cleaning lady.  I'm definitely in the latter category.  Daisy, my iRobot vacuum, has made my life a lot easier and I'm going to add her cousin, the iMop or whatever it's called, soon.  Now if they would just invent an iDuster!

6.  Cooking for One - SO boring!  Soup, sandwiches, takeaways, and frozen dinners are my elements of meal planning right now - not healthy, mostly not satisfying, can't wait for Vic to be home so I can cook for two.

7.  Most Reality TV - just not my cup of tea at all, but I don't want to offend anyone so I'll leave it at that.

8.  Gardening - no interest, no talent, but I love to admire the work of others.

9.  Poor Customer Service - how difficult is it to be helpful and polite?  A lot of salespeople act like you're trying to take a dollar right out of THEIR pockets when little do they realize that by making the slightest extra effort, they will retain a customer who will come back again and again.

10.  And to end on a humorous note - LIVER!  Yeuch.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, great list! I'm with you on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with your ten. I hate Housekeeping it just get dirty again. And I rather be doing fun things

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE:
    #2 - The sloth is my spirit animal.
    #4 - I ONLY iron my quilt blocks.
    #7 - The downfall of the modern world. The only one I watch is Hoarders, and that's because it can usually inspire me to pick up a bit.
    #8 - Deer...I say I don't garden because they'd just eat everything...but really they are my cover story.
    #10 - Not a fan, but Carey loves it. I force myself to make it for him every 14 years like clockwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela.. I'm with you on all of them except Reality TV. Btw... I'm not offended. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete