Thursday, October 28, 2021

2021 Reading Challenge - Update

I failed miserably with my planned quarterly updates.  Two months left and I've read 46 of the 48 books I wanted to read this year.  I think I've mentioned before that I don't have a lot of time to read - I'm a little addicted to Netflix while I scrapbook and if I try to read in bed, I end up getting hit in the face as I fall asleep and drop my book!  So my reading time is confined to my lunch time and the ride home on the bus.  Four books a month seemed like a lot when I set the goal in January but it's been going very well.

I loved discovering Kate Quinn this year and I read a lot of World War II fiction as well as a healthy dose of books set in picturesque English villages with the odd Danielle Steel thrown in when I want a quick read and of course, you know me, a few Christmas books.  I still have 56 books on my Want to Read list and I keep adding to them with recommendations from fellow bloggers or when I go to Barnes and Noble, I snap quick photos of covers that appeal to me, and then request the titles from the library.

The Rose Code by Kate Quinn

  • Our Darkest Night by Jennifer Robson
  • Band of Sisters by Lauren Willig
  • The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams
  • 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber
  • The Berlin Girl by Mandy  Robotham
  • Vets in Love by Cathy Woodman
  • Those Who Are Saved by Alexis Landau
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Sarah Morgenthaler
  • The Gates of Rutherford by Elizabeth  Cooke
  • House of Gold by Natasha Solomons
  • The Dutch Wife by Ellen Keith
  • The German Girl by Armando Lucas Correa
  • Up and Down in the Dales by Gervase Phinn
  • The Mistress by Danielle Steel
  • The Wild Dark Flowers by Elizabeth  Cooke
  • She Wore Only White by Dörthe Binkert
  • Head Over Heels in the Dales by Gervase Phinn
  • Over Hill and Dale by Gervase Phinn
  • The Other Side of the Dale by Gervase Phinn
  • In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen
  • Spy by Danielle Steel
  • The Jetsetters by Amanda Eyre Ward
  • The Seafront Tea Room by Vanessa Greene
  • We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter
  • The Village Vet by Cathy Woodman
  • An Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling
  • It's a Vet's Life by Cathy Woodman
  • The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff
  • The Huntress by Kate Quinn
  • The Sweetest Thing by Cathy Woodman
  • Sisterchicks in Gondolas by Robin Jones Gunn
  • The Ambassador's Daughter by Pam Jenoff
  • Sisterchicks Say Ooh La La! by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Sisterchicks Down Under by Robin Jones Gunn
  • The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff
  • Sisterchicks in Sombreros by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Sisterchicks on the Loose by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Snobs by Julian Fellowes
  • Jingle All the Way by Debbie Macomber
  • Moonlight over Paris by Jennifer Robson
  • A Blessing to Cherish by Lauraine Snelling
  • The Address by Fiona  Davis
  • The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer    Ryan
  • The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment