Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Currently - May 2024

 

I've missed every link party in April as I worked through the A to Z so I'm glad to be back with this month's Currently.  Click on the graphic above and join us!  We're talking about what we're currently loving, looking forward to, seeing, reading, and wanting.

loving // The warm, sunny weather with a splash of rain here and there.  I'm not a fan of hot weather so I love the spring days where it's cool in the mornings, warming up slightly midday, and with clear skies.  The rain keeps everything green and keeps the pollen at bay.

looking forward to // The house being back in order.  Vic is almost finished with the morning room.  The new chairs arrived, he rewired the light switch, moving it to the other side of the room, and once he's completed the drywall repair, he will hang the decorative plates that haven't seen the light of day since we lived in Rhode Island.  The one library cabinet that had to be moved to access the old light switch is back in place and ready for me to put the books and albums back into it.

seeing // Vic a little outside his comfort zone and it's tough.  He's gearing up for a marine electrician certification test, waiting for a job offer now that he's submitted everything that was requested of him, and finishing up putting a 30-year career behind him.  It's an exciting, stressful, anticipatory, frenzied time for him and I'll be glad when he's settled in his new career and feeling more relaxed.  A little home DIY has given him some downtime because he really enjoys working around the house.

reading // The Room on Rue Amélie by Kristin Harmel.  I loved it and read it in a day!  I've always got a couple of books on the go, one on my Kindle and one on Audible, but this was the first book in a long time that I picked up from the library.  It was an excellent read.


wanting // A mini break, something to plan.  Malone is still a crazy wild man so kenneling him for a long weekend is out of the question, but I did find someone local who will board him where he can't see other dogs and bark his head off the whole time he's there.  I need to schedule a meet and greet so we can check it out and then I'll plan something, just a weekend, for the two of us to have a getaway.  I'm thinking we'll head down to Mount St. Helens as we haven't been there yet.  We can drive down in the morning, stay at the McMenamins on the river that night, and drive home the next day.



McMenamins Kalama Harbor Lodge, a tropical-inspired oasis along the Columbia River

4 comments:

  1. We have had some lovely spring weather here too over the last couple of days and it was a real taste of summer.
    It sounds like you and Vic have been busy in your house but it is nice to get things back in order.
    Good luck to Vic. It sounds like a big change for him but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.
    I hope you get to have a mini break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Kristin Harmel's books but haven't read this one yet. I too typically have several books going at once. That sounds like a lovely little getaway; I hope you get to plan it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send Vic to Ohio? Lol, my husband is really handy but he has very little spare time right now. That is great that he has a project to work on while he waits to start his new job. I hope that you guys can go on your get away. Mount St. Helens sound like a really neat place to visit. Take lots of pictures if you go- homebound mid westerners want to see :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read that Kristin Harmel book yet, so I will put it on my list! Your getaway sound so fun. I hope all will work out with Malone at the boarding place. Changing careers after 30 years would definitely be challenging!

    ReplyDelete