Sunday, July 3, 2011

Christmas in July Day 2

Day 2 was a bit of a bust so I have today to get caught up. I had the best intentions to work on my felt mistletoe ornament so I printed off the template, pinned it to the felt and cut out the pieces. I thought they looked awfully big and when I put the three pieces together, it really was much too big to hang on a tree. I also didn't like the green felt - it was too green - but I started to put it together anyway. That's when I realized I didn't have any fabric glue! Off to Michael's I went, and I picked up a new piece of green felt while I was there - olive green. I came home, reduced the size of the template, reprinted, repinned and cut out the mistletoe in olive and liked that one much better. I tried to economize by buying something called Crafter's Glue, which apparently doesn't work on felt - is there a special glue for felt? Anyway, I will swing by Michael's after church today for some new glue and put the whole thing together this afternoon while I watch Christmas in July, which I didn't get to watch yesterday.


Are You Being Served? Christmas is on the calendar today so that will be two Christmas DVDs for my viewing pleasure.


Today is a decorating tip day so I wanted to share this gorgeous centerpiece that I found over at Between Naps on the Porch. It's a Williamsburg Apple Tree Centerpiece and you can find the complete tutorial here. I was thinking that you could create the centerpiece using faux fruit but it would be a bit difficult to store unless you found a tall, sturdy box. Spend some time on Susan's site; check out the most amazing tablescapes here (scroll down for Christmas).

No comments:

Post a Comment