Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christmas in July Themes and Day 9


Back in this post, I told you that Christmas in July has weekly themes. I didn't quite follow the first one, Sweet Candy Christmas, as much as I should but I am determined to follow more closely with the second one, A Hollywood Christmas. It's described as:

It’s Christmas Hollywood Style….so look for a lot of glitter and gold and fancy recipes and decor ideas!

Sounds great to me! I've got some of the best of Hollywood on the movie schedule this week - Elf, A Christmas Story, The Santa Clause, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I've got a couple of fancy recipes on the list and I'll be searching out the best decorating tips in glitter and gold.

On yesterday's agenda was the decorating tip I shared early in the morning, the ornament chandelier. That would look pretty spectacular in glitter and gold. I like that you could make it any color - must look out for after-Christmas sales on the shiny orbs and maybe use it next year. Even a mini-version suspended from an archway would look lovely. I had to catch up on Friday's movie, The Christmas Card, and watch Saturday's, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July (ugh! don't bother, it was creepy in parts and I think it would scare little kids to death - imagine Santa's archenemy in a sleigh pulled by snakes! Charming animated tale - not!).

On the recipe front today is Spicy Sausage and Potato Squares which would be delicious served for brunch with frosty Mimosas. Very Hollywood. I cut out all the fabric squares for tomorrow's craft, a quilted ball ornament, and read another chapter of The Snowglobe. Life is taking a great turn for Kiley...you'll have to read it for yourself to find out what happens. I'm looking forward to the book chat at the forums - I believe the final date is now Sunday, July 24. We have a horse show that day but I'm hoping that it will be scheduled at a time when I can participate.

It's time to get ready for church but I'll be back later to kick off A Hollywood Christmas with a Spicy Sausage and Potato Square, a mimosa, and Elf! What's on your agenda for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment