Sunday, November 8, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day Eight - Memories


Memories - where do I start? I've been a traditional scrapbooker since 1999 and really enjoy taking our family photographs and adding narratives to the pages. Vic and Sophia are amazed at the things I remember (little do they know I write them down on bits of paper and file them away for the time when I get around to scrapbooking that particular event!). Sadly, I have not put time into scrapbooking the way I should so I am making a New Year's resolution (in November) to devote at least 30 minutes to my scrapbooks every day starting January 1. That will give me between now and then to get all my pictures, memorabilia, and supplies organized. Memories are precious, don't you agree? If you don't scrapbook, at least make sure your photos are labeled - either on the back if they are prints (use a photo-safe pencil, you can buy them at paper crafts stores) or with a short description as the name of your digital print (who, what, when, where, why if you can manage it). You don't want your grandchildren and great-grandchildren to look at a photo decades from now and wonder "Who was this? Where were they? What were they doing?".

No comments:

Post a Comment