Saturday, November 14, 2015

Catching up on the 30 Days of Thankfulness


Day Nine - Warmth - Is there anything warmer than a fire in your fireplace? Vic and I debate fireplaces over and over again - we would both like a fireplace in our forever home but his idea is a fireplace that burns wood whereas mine is the less messier gas version. I guess we'll see whose idea is in the final plan. My warmest memory of warmth (pardon the pun) is, of course, in Kettlewell. Mum had specific criteria in mind when she searched for our holiday cottage for Christmas 2001 and an open fire was top on her list. I remember her stacking up the coals and then holding a newspaper over the fireplace so that the flames caught. I've got Days Four, Eight, and Nine all rolled into one! I am so thankful for the wonderful memory of the cozy warmth.

Day Ten - Smile - Sophia has a beautiful smile, see for yourself. She's a beautiful young woman, inside and out and I am so thankful for our lovely daughter. I didn't ever see myself as a Mom, thinking I'd be a single career woman but how my life changed when she was born.


Day Eleven - Life and Day Twelve - Gift - I'm rolling the days into one again! The gift of life, our beautiful daughter.

Day Thirteen - Animal - Le petit chien, our MudLynn, how she has enriched our lives. She's living the college life now, being taken for walks on campus where everyone who meets her thinks she's adorable, 
There's that smile again!

1 comment:

  1. I love how Sophia is such a mix of you and Vic. She's beautiful and such a nice young woman. I've not even known her that long and I adore when she's in town at NWCA events!

    ReplyDelete