Thursday, August 31, 2017

20 Years Ago Today


Where were you, what were you doing 20 years ago when you heard the news that Diana, Princess of Wales, was dead?  I was asleep in Florida; Vic was deployed on a cruise circumnavigating South America and when the phone rang, I thought it was him calling but it was my friend Denise from California, another staunch monarchy fan, calling to tell me.  I turned on the news and didn't really move far from it for the next week until after her funeral was over.  The People's Princess, such a tragedy.

Her legacy lives on in her sons.  What an amazing grandmother she would have been.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting. Even all these years later, I feel I have lost a very dear friend. Princess Diana was unlike anyone every. So glad her boys landed with their feet firmly on the ground, and that they both have found happiness in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Annelle in Steel Magnolias said about Shelby, "She will always be young. She will always be beautiful." No foibles that may have tarnished her image. No more sad days for her.

    ReplyDelete