Monday, January 8, 2018

TBB Asks - January 2018


This looked like fun - I can handle a monthly meme a lot better than I can a weekly one since I have quite a few regular features of my own.  Check it out here.

1.  Resolutions or No Resolutions?
I usually make resolutions although this year, it's more of a major project.  I'm participating in Ali Edwards' One Little Word, memory-keeping for 2018. and I chose {change} as my word.  I want to change the path my health is taking, we will change our family dynamic this year when we have a college graduate in the family, no longer a college student, and we face major changes in our lives with Vic's orders to Okinawa.  Much is to be determined.

2.  Love snow or no snow?
I love the snow, but I would prefer it in an area that knows how to cope with it.

3.  Name a new place you want to go this year.
The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.  We didn't make it at Christmas but we will make it before we leave the East Coast.

4.  Would you rather have a new hair cut or a new hair color?
A new hair cut.  I have never, ever colored my hair in any way and I'm not about to start now.

5.  Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year.
Drop at least two dress sizes.

6.  Least favorite thing about January.
It's so bare everywhere when all the Christmas decorations are put away.

7.  Most favorite thing about January.
It's usually the coldest month and if that means some snow, I love the Winter Wonderland look.

8.  When do you take down your holiday decorations?
Usually shortly after Christmas Day.  As much as I love to have the house decorated, once the packages are gone and the stockings are empty, it's time to get back to normal.

9.  Do you diet in January?
Yes, always, not very successfully.  This year, however, will be different.

10.  What area of your home do you want to organize the most?
The craft room.  It needs a total overhaul.

11.  Favorite Winter Comfort Food?
Beef and Vegetable Soup - it's a made-up recipe, a little of this and a little of that and it tastes amazing.

12.  Favorite Guilty Pleasure?
Starbucks.  It became more of a guilty habit in December so I'm saving it this year for very special occasions only.  One Pumpkin Spice Latte on the day they debut, one Holiday drink on our annual major craft fair outing (oh my goodness, can I stop at just those two?)

2 comments:

  1. Change is the perfect word for you in 2018 - you will indeed have a lot of change. Fun post! You always come up with the best lists, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word for 2018. great list :)

    ReplyDelete