Thursday, April 12, 2018

K is for King's Arms Tavern


K started out as a tricky letter in my Virginia A to Z but then I remembered the King's Arms Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg.  Opened in 1772, it became one of the town's most "genteel" establishments and George Washington often ate here as did Virginia's future governor Thomas Nelson Jr.  Present-day diners can savor traditional fare such as peanut soup, game pye, oysters, and roast prime rib of beef in an atmosphere reminiscent of colonial days.

The King's Arm Tavern holds a special place in my heart as my friend Jodie and I took our daughters to Colonial Williamsburg for a homeschool adventure and Jodie surprised me the following Christmas with this beautiful ornament.  Every year when I place it on the tree, I remember our lunch at the tavern and the fun time we had at Colonial Williamsburg (more to come in W is for Colonial Williamsburg).



Sophia and K with our server at the King's Arms Tavern (I just noticed the little blonde photobomber in the back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment