Monday, May 14, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-18


The weather:::
 High 70s, 80s, and even up to 90 on Tuesday.  It's about time for me to begin my hibernation.

On my reading pile:::
Finished Book 3 in the Cavendon series, working my way through A Woman of Substance also by Barbara Taylor Bradford.

On my TV:::
Ditched The West Wing in favor of NCIS; starting from Season 1 so I'll be with Gibbs and crew for a while.

Checked off the list:::
  • Spouses' group board meeting and we met our new adviser.
  • Took my books back to the library and picked up the ones I had on hold.
  • Spent a lovely afternoon chatting with my MilSpouse/homeschooling/scrapbooking/tea drinking/American Girl memories friend, Jodie.  It's like we picked up right where we left off.
  • Volunteered at the gift shop.
  • Stopped off at the Fleet and Family Support Center to get some answers about the move to Washington.  All is well, the pushback we were getting is in error and we have all the details to get everything set up now.
  • Speaking of set up, while I was at the Support Center, we completed the household goods move prep.  Dates are in my planner and the countdown begins.
  • Vic flew in after a week in Japan.
  • Lovely Mother's Day - see And in other news below.
Crafts roundup:::
Loveseat on hold while Vic was traveling but he's been hammering away all weekend.  I'm on hold waiting for supplies for my ornament swap project.

And in other news:::
My roses opened up beautifully and are still going strong.  The Pandora bag contained a beautiful pair of earrings.  Brunch out on Saturday followed by The Life of the Party at the movies.  FaceTime with Sophia, followed by church and then brunch at the winery on Sunday.  A lovely weekend with my loves.



Coming up this week - the Royal Wedding Watch.  PBS will be airing a five-part series May 14-18 at 10:00pm and that's where you'll find me.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh...the earrings were worth the wait. :) So glad you mentioned the Royal Wedding Watch, I'll make a point to watch when I can.

    ReplyDelete