Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Week Ahead - November 25

Outside my window...31 degrees outside this morning and very windy - here's hoping it blows the leaves out of our yard into the common area (where they will be picked up by the gardeners with their mega-vacuum) and not the other way around!  Forecast for the week is cold and wet.
 
I am thinking...we'd better drag the Christmas boxes out of the garage before the rain starts. 

I am thankful...that things are relatively slow for this coming week.

From the kitchen...fish and chips.

I am hearing...the heater and the wind outside.
 
Always one of my favorite things...Christmas goodies in the local British food stores.  There are two quite close by and I've already got a few things squirreled away.

I am reading...nothing right now.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...Sophia's riding lesson tomorrow, a quiet Thanksgiving for the three of us and decorating for Christmas.  There's another craft fair next weekend - the big Virginia Beach Christmas Market - not sure if we'll take a trip down there or not.  Got to get my Elf on the Shelf schedule going this week as well...D Day, or should I say E Day, is one week from today.

College Update...A short week coming up and then the last week of the semester before finals.  Where has the time gone?  Sophia got all of her first choices for the spring semester and will have 26 credits to transfer when we move.

Volunteer Update...Trained two volunteers last week and have two more scheduled for December.  Haven't heard anything from Vic's command - so hoping that means they've found someone else.

Travel and Family Field Trips Update...Headed up to Langley to check out the commissary yesterday - don't know what made me think it would be any different from ours (it wasn't).  No traveling over the holidays for us and for that I have mixed emotions.  I'm thankful that we won't be on the roads but I wish Mum and Dad were still with us so we could all be together.  Ugh, the holidays are such a tough time.

Edward the Elf will make his first appearance with a Cadbury Advent Calendar

Leave a comment below if you'd like to share your Week Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment