Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Prime Purchases August 2018


It's time for another Prime Purchases link-up with Tanya at The Other Side of the Road.

Spectra joined the Washington branch of the family last month and she's a bit of a chewer.  Sophia ran a number of leaving her alone tests - 15 minutes to start, then longer, then longer - and although she has done well so far (she has an ample supply of chewy toys to keep her busy), Sophia knew that she would have even longer periods ahead when she goes back to work.  So I invested in a camera that she can connect to an app on her phone to keep an eye on things.  She can even talk to Spectra from the app.

It's the TENVIS HD IP Camera - Wireless IP Camera with Two-way Audio, Night Vision Camera, 2.4GHz & 720P Camera for Pet Baby Monitor, Home Security Camera Motion Detection Indoor Camera with Micro SD Card Slot.


There wasn't really anything on Prime Day that caught my eye until I got an alert that Season 3 of Outlander was a Lightning Deal at $14.99.  I texted Sophia to ask her if she had Season 3 - she did not - so I sent it off to her.  When I checked our collection, we didn't have Season 3 either so I'll have to borrow hers as I couldn't order more than one DVD on the deal.


I bought this Professional Weekender bag for Vic to use when he comes home to Washington from Okinawa.  It's like a backpack but bigger, more like a carry-on piece of luggage, but it has so many pockets for his laptop, headphones, sunglasses, chargers and cords, plus a change of clothes, it's the perfect bag.  Even more perfect was the deal - $199.99 --> $159.99 --> $119.99 + free shipping.
I mentioned this thirty-one Littles Carry-All Caddy I picked up in the thirty-one sale in a Life Last Week post.  This is the Hello Holiday pattern - I thought it would be great for a thank you for coming gift after a holiday party with some cookies or other goodies inside.  It was a steal at $3.99, normally $14.00.  No longer available but watch for the next sale.


Vic loves this car so I picked up this Swedish dishcloth.  There are lots of designs available here at the Scandinavian Shoppe.

4 comments:

  1. Those pet cameras are so popular! I tried three times to read The Outlander series and just could not get into it. Maybe I would like the movie series better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weekender bag pops up all the time in my internet ads. All that advertising has made me think I might need one! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great finds! I am going to have to look into that weekender bag and those towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a weekender. Unfortunately I can no longer use any sort of shoulder or back pack. Now I am looking for a small wheeled bag. I saw a Vera Bradley one that I sort of liked. It's about the same size.

    ReplyDelete