Monday, October 8, 2018

Life Last Week 2018-27


The weather:::
 Hot, hot, hot, humid, humid, humid, 83 degrees today...this is autumn?

On my reading pile:::
Finally finished this stack - Major Pettigrew's Last Stand was wonderful, highly recommend it.


On my TV:::
Worked my way through Reign on Netflix while I was working on Project Life.  A Place to Call Home Season 6 on Acorn and The Durrells in Corfu Season 3 and Poldark Season 4 on PBS.

Checked off the list:::
I'm so far behind but here's last week:
  • Vic traveled to Washington for an inspection and took a few days' leave to go up to Sophia's to fix her car.  She was backing out of a parking place at the same time someone across the street (a one-way street) was backing up as well.  Crunch, both vehicles suffered taillight damage.  The insurance estimate to fix Sophia's car exceeded the value so the insurance company declared it a total loss.  We took the salvage settlement and reclaimed the car so Vic could fix it.  He did a great job and everything is working just fine.  Plus, they got to spend a few days together and got along famously.  Those of you who know my two know that they are so alike, they often butt heads but maybe they are growing out of that?  I can't wait until we are all together for Thanksgiving.
  • Haircut and then Sit 'n Sip with the spouses' group Moms' Club - very enjoyable morning and the pumpkin doughnuts were amazing.
  • I worked my second to the last shift at the gift shop - it was the Holiday Extravaganza event where all the Christmas decor was unveiled.  A busy morning, lots of beautiful items, and lots of shoppers which means lots of money for our charities.
  • Hallmark Ornament Debut event over the weekend and five more ornaments added to our collection.
Crafts roundup:::
Only Project Life - working my way to getting up to date - I think I knocked out about five weeks last week.

And in other news:::
Just over a month until the big move - I'm beginning to get alarmed at the size of the pile of things that have to go in the car.  We'll make it, I'm sure, but some of the totes may end up emptied and the contents transferred to brown paper bags that are easier to squish and squeeze into the available space.  Preparation for work is going well - I received all my onboarding documents, filled them all out, and sent them back.  Should be hearing from my employer soon to make sure all is in order for my start date.

It didn't happen last week but I have to include it here before I put this post up - Sophia got her first substitute teaching job today!  She called me this morning for a wardrobe check, put together a lunch box for herself, and is off to spend the day subbing for science in three classes - 5th, 6th, and 8th grade.  I can't wait to hear all about it this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Substitute teaching is no joke! I bet she did a great job! I'm so glad you liked Major Pettigrew, one of my favorites. The picture of V and S is just wonderful. You can tell she is so happy he's there, and that he is so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete