Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Time to Say Goodbye #1


It was so hard to say goodbye to the members of my spouses' group.  They are such an AMAZING group of women who work tirelessly for the military community in our area and for the charities that we support.  I will miss them dreadfully.

Our group has a membership gift - this beautiful mermaid glass.  I received one last year with my membership and another one this year.  I jokingly asked if I could renew my membership for two more years so that I could have a set of four and guess what was in my farewell gift bag - two more glasses!  Now I have my set of four!


We had a lovely lunch followed by this fabulous cake for dessert.  It's from a local bakery called Nothing Bundt Cakes - lemon with a delicious frosting that wasn't too rich or too sweet.  


These ladies have a special place in my heart.  They have given me the precious gift of friendship...and cake!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift and wonderful friends! That cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nothing Bundt Cake - they have the prettiest presentations. If you ever need to bring a little gift, they do a fun stack on mini cakes in plastic containers with decorative ribbons. You can order and customize online. So sorry you're having to start your round of good-byes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the smallest acts of kindness mean the most and I think gifting you the remaining two glasses is just such an act of generosity. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete