Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Currently - August 2019


It's been a long time since I've put up a Currently post but I love this month's prompts.  Stop by over at Anne's In Residence to join in .

ordering // More digital files for Project Life.  I have immersed myself in Photoshop Elements and I love to add digital art to my photos or create my own journal and filler cards.  So.much.fun.  Ali Edwards' site is my favorite for digitals but I'm also a little addicted to In A Creative Bubble.  Can't wait to use these Vancouver cards when we head there in December.


watching // The Good Witch, the original movies.  I have discovered the video library option on Amazon Prime and I have found a new way to organize our movies and TV shows.


cooking // It's on again, off again with the Whole 30/clean eating regimen but when I'm on it, I love to make mini-meatloaves in my Wilton silicone cupcake pan.  With a scoop of homemade mashed potatoes, it's the perfect lunch for work.  This is my go-to recipe although I don't make the ketchup, I use the Tessemae's brand of Whole 30 approved, organic ketchup.

wondering // What student teaching will be like for Sophia?  I am so excited for her and can't wait to hear all about it every day.  We bought some student teaching clothes this weekend - blouses mostly to go with the pants that she has and made sure she could "raise and praise" (a modesty trick we learned at a church youth event - raise your arms high above your head and make sure that's there's no midriff showing when you do it).  She's going to lay out her clothes and make notes in her planner what goes with what so that she can have the wardrobe plan for each week and not be scrambling for an outfit in the morning.  Meal prep is also going in the planner - cook on Sunday and portion out meals for the week.  That way, she can just pop dinner in the microwave when she gets home from a long day.

savoring // The memories that come from unpacking boxes that have been unopened over the last two, or maybe even three, moves.  It's time to declutter, that's for sure, but in the midst of the decluttering are some treasures, things that belonged to Mum, baby things, memories of 25 years of Navy life.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know a lot about Project Life, but from what you say here I love the sound of it! How fun to play around with that digital art.

    Thanks for joining in this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to Sophia with her student teaching! It sounds like she will be very organized, and I bet her students will love her. I will have to check out The Good Witch. I see the videos at the library, but have never watched. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for Sophia! My oldest daughter is a teacher and she loved student teaching. Now, 13 years later, she mentors first year teachers and teachers that are new to her district. You never know where the road will take you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my first Project Life album that I really need to get started on. I love that you make your own cards, etc.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting to be at the student teaching stage! Hope it goes great for Sophia. I did a LOT of cooking this week, but having some things prepared in the freezer for busy days is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete