Monday, August 19, 2019

Hello Monday


I'm super late with Hello Monday - time just got away from me this weekend.  I spent a lot of time on meal prep - after watching The Magic Pill on Netflix, I was completely re-motivated to get back to clean eating.  I whipped out two of my favorite recipes to keep me going through the week, Paleo Running Momma's Meatloaf (I don't make the ketchup, I use Tessemae's) and 40 Aprons Breakfast Casserole.  Portioned for breakfasts and lunches, I am good to go.

I had, however, my last major splurge for a while when I attended Tea Time with Debbie, an event at what used to be Debbie Macomber's Victorian Tea Room and is now The Grey House.  Debbie still lives in the area and has an office close to The Grey House and today's event was afternoon tea, a signed copy of her new book, and she gave a wonderful talk about how she started writing and shared hilarious snippets from her fan mail.  It was a lovely afternoon.




Vic meanwhile took an excursion to the Maeda Escarpment, more commonly known as Hacksaw Ridge from the movie of the same name.  The Battle of Okinawa is described as the bloodiest battle of the Pacific War; I read the famous account by E. B. Sledge With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa in a military history class and it was very difficult reading.


I wrapped up my Sunday with two PBS specials, Downton Abbey Returns and Downton Abbey Live.  Is anyone else as excited as I am about the upcoming movie?

2 comments:

  1. What fun to attend tea with Debbie Macomber!

    So glad you mentioned what Vic was doing and the name of the book...I just ordered it as I thought Carey and I might be interested in it. I'm pretty sure my dad was an Army signalman during the Battle of Okinawa. Afterward, he was on a boat going back to the transport ship when he found out that because of the progress made in the war and his age (he was older than many of his comrades) he would be shipping home soon.

    I forgot to watch Downton Abbey on Sunday! I will have to see if I can watch on the PBS website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love Debbie Macomber's books. I was thrilled to see your photo with her. I'm very excited about the movie. I missed the PBS shows though. I hope they'll repeat them. Standing in a place of such historical events must have been awe inspiring for Vic.

    ReplyDelete