Wednesday, March 10, 2021

10 on the 10th March 2021

 

It's also the 10th and time for 10 on the 10th, this month 10 Things You Love About Spring.  There aren't any questions but Leslie did suggest that we could look back to last year's questions if we wanted some prompts.  I didn't participate last year so they are all new to me.

1.  How did you celebrate spring break/Easter as a child?

We always had a Cadbury's Easter egg, for years it was on top of a mug with an animal on the front so after a few years, my sister and I had quite a collection.  When we lived in Belgium, spring heralded the time to bring out our caravan from winter storage and move it up to the beach.  We have wonderful memories of the weekends we spent there.

2.  Do you spring clean?

Honestly, no.  I work full-time so I pick up and clean as I go.  One room a day when I'm really organized, more on the weekends if I get behind.  We don't have pets or children at home so mess is minimal.

3.  What's spring weather like where you live?

In the Pacific Northwest, it's a combination of sunny days and rainy days.  It's my kind of weather, tea-drinking weather, and the rain makes everything so green.  After all, we're the Evergreen State!

4.  How green is your thumb?

What's the farthest color away from green...that's me.  No gardening skill at all, don't really enjoy it although I love to admire the work of other gardeners.

5.  AC on or windows open?

AC on mostly but it's not really needed here apart from a few weeks in August.  The windows in the main part of the house are either large picture windows or French doors, not really conducive to leaving open.

6.  How do you decorate for spring/Easter/Passover?

I decorate for Easter and that post will be coming up soon.

7.  How do you get bathing suit/shorts/warm weather ready?

I try to lose a few pounds but I haven't been very successful lately.  It's been many years since I've worn a bathing suit - I'm not really a tropical or warm weather person so my warm weather garb usually consists of capris and a nice T-shirt.

8.  Is your closet arranged with just the current season's clothes?

No, although I tend to cycle things around on the rack, moving warm weather clothes to the end when spring comes.

9.  What's your go-to spring uniform?

Work wear is pretty standard - dress pants, top, cardigan although I lighten up the top and cardigan as the weather warms up.  At home, I swap my fleece robe for a cotton dress.

10.  What outdoor activities do you enjoy in the summer?

We're not hikers or campers or really outdoorsy people but we do enjoy going on a field trip to somewhere local.  We have several National Parks close to us as well as a lot of quaint little towns.  We love any kind of historic site.  Spring is also the start of tulip season here so a trip to the Tulip Festival with a stop for lunch is always fun.


Tulip Festival 2019 (sadly cancelled in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID but hopefully back on track in 2022)

We also enjoyed a weekend in the Bavarian town of Leavenworth for the annual Maifest.


How the dancers criss-crossed between each other to make this ribbon design on the maypole was just amazing!


 Folk dancing, banner waving, and a wonderful parade, a celebration of all things German.

Here's to the next COVID-free spring!

5 comments:

  1. Fun post! I would love to go to Leavenworth, WA. I've heard it's quite the Christmas town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUn list!!! I'm from Washington too...the SW region..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who thought up the original maypole and convinced a group of dancers that an intricate design could be achieved? That may be my answer the next time someone asks who I would invite to a dinner party, living or dead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you join us!! Happy you found the questions from last year. Great answers. I will look forward to seeing your Easter decor. I remember the Maypole from my childhood in Boston. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tulip festival - that sounds lovely!! Hope it will return soon!

    ReplyDelete