Monday, April 12, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Uh oh, time for me to start hibernating!  Look at that end of the week temperature!


On my reading pile:::
Picked up The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff from the library.  Our library has re-opened for express service, you can spend up to 45 minutes browsing. 

On my TV:::
The Big Family Cooking Showdown on Netflix.  Loved Season 1 because The Great British Baking Show's Nadiya Hussain is one of my favorite chefs/television presenters but Season 2's presenters are just as entertaining.


I also binged all the way through Atlantic Crossing on PBS Passport and I was excited to see news about Season 2 of All Creatures Great and Small.

Checked off the list:::
After four wonderful years as Portsmouth residents, and nine years as long-distance landlords, it's time to say goodbye to what was to have been our forever home before the ties of family and the beautiful mountains of the Pacific Northwest drew us to Washington. Our Rhode Island house is on the market!  Lots of papers to sign and tasks to check off the list.  Shout out to our realtor/property manager who is just amazing!

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on the 2009 Family Album.

And in other news:::
Vic is back at work and got his vaccination, the one dose Johnson & Johnson.  Sophia got Pfizer and I'm scheduled for my 1st dose of Moderna next week so it's one, two, three for our family.

We're moving into Week 8 from the time I ordered the new dining room set.  They said 8-12 weeks for delivery so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

4 comments:

  1. What a great time to sell your house. If their market is anything like ours it should sell swiftly and at asking price or above. Timing is everything, isn't it?! We all got both doses of Pfizer - no problems, just mild arm soreness as with any shot (or blood draw for that matter). I had to chuckle at your reaction to the 71 degrees at the end of your forecast. That's jacket weather for us! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check out that Netflix show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sale of the house. It will be a relief not to be long-distance landlords, I'm sure! I can't wait to check out Atlantic Crossing. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much longer will Vic be overseas? I hope it is a short time apart. Must be bittersweet to sell what you thought was your forever home. My PC had to do some work at Ft. Lewis, Washington and I was able to visit him there. It is a pretty area but all of the homelessness gave us pause. Yay for shots for the fam. All of the adults in my fam are vaccinated now. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete