Monday, April 19, 2021

Hello Monday

  

The weather:::
Very warm weekend, beautiful for hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts.  Temperatures dropping slightly this week and rain forecast for next weekend.


On my reading pile:::
Finished The Diplomat's Wife by Pam Jenoff from the library and realized I didn't have anything else on hold.  Checked my Goodreads and requested another couple of titles so I'll be shopping my bookshelves for something to read this week. 

On my TV:::
Prince Philip's funeral on You Tube, beautiful service, so moving.


Apart from that, I've been rewatching some old favorites, World on Fire on PBS Passport and a couple of movies in our Amazon Library, Paradise Road, Woman in Gold, and The Monuments Men.

I've also been down the rabbit hole of Viking River Cruise videos on You Tube.  It's been our dream to take a river cruise with Viking - I have done so much research into the various river cruise tour operators.  I love that people video their cruises and upload them.

Checked off the list:::
The house sale process in Rhode Island is going well.  We had a home inspection done to identify any issues that might come up on the buyer's inspection.  Their inspection came in and there are only a few things they would like us to address so that's good news.  In the last week, we've had the fan replaced in the radon mitigation system, an appointment scheduled for an electrician to come tomorrow to check a few things, and our realtor is working with someone to install the railing that is now required on the small back deck.  It wasn't required when we had the deck installed but it will be for the buyer to secure his financing.  Papers are flying back and forth from the East Coast to the West Coast to Okinawa, love technology.  Can't imagine if we had to put all these documents in the mail and handle the process that way.

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on the 2009 Family Album, moved into December.

And in other news:::
Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Thursday.  Vacuumed my car this weekend and found my missing reading glasses under the seat, yay!  Still no update on the dining room set.

Hallmark released the 2021 Keepsake Ornaments Dream Book, so many cute designs, it's going to be another year where it's not the year I stop buying ornaments!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the music from the funeral was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the funeral - it was a beautiful service. I felt like the lack of a crowd made it that much more meaningful. Less "noise" from the attendees, less distracting cut-away camera shots to the crowd.
    "Woman in Gold" is one of my favorite movies. I got my Keepsake Dream Box last weekend and have started my pre-order list. Lots of ornaments I want for myself this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funeral was so moving. We watched Atlantic Crossing and just loved it. My mother-in-law is selling her house right now, and all those electronic documents make it so convenient. We are able to read over the documents before she signs and make sure all is ok. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete