Saturday, April 4, 2015

D is for Dungeness

D is for Dungeness, the crab and the festival.  The Dungeness Crab and Seafood Festival aka Crabfest, held in October along the Port Angeles Waterfront, is a celebration of the Olympic Peninsula’s seafood, maritime and cultural traditions, and is ranked as one of the best seafood festivals in the United States.  The event celebrates the world-famous Dungeness crab, highly regarded for its sweet and tender flesh.  Food, art, music, Native American activities, and children’s events for three days and admission is free, what’s not to love? And did I mention there’s a Chowder Cook-Off featuring both professional and amateur chefs?  I know they say you shouldn’t wish your life away but October can’t come soon enough!

Photo Courtesy of http://www.olympicpeninsulawineries.org/blog/2010/09/20/dungeness-crab-festival-and-wine-tour/

8 comments:

  1. Arghhhh. I don't think I have ever had any type of crab... the photo makes me nervous.

    Welcome in the letter "D"... thank you!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

    There's no earthly way of knowing.
    Which direction we are going!

    HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
    Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love dungeness crabs. Wish I had a festival like that to attend, however I'm in the landlocked state currently of Illinois. I grew up eating them though and they're sweet and delicate as can be. I love the photograph you used to illustrate your point. (Stopping in from A to Z)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can get Scotty to give the crab a few phaser shots if its still alive. That should do the trick. How about we become GFC bloggie friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite seafood. Yum

    Happy A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big fan of the water bugs but I'm always up for a festival lol.
    Dropping in from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of seafood, but it sounds like a fun festival!

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a wonderful festival! I LOVE seafood, especially crab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete