Monday, April 20, 2015

Life Last Week 2015-16


Not too much on the calendar last week.  Lunch and Laughs event with the Ladies of Leisure - a lovely lunch and a video of Sebastian Maniscalco, a clean and hilarious comedian who talks a lot about the differences between life today and 1970s/1980s life. I had to just admire the lunch since I was still on the Whole 30. Weigh-in on Friday revealed an 11 pound loss and an e-mail from my doctor (as a follow-up to Wednesday's appointment) praised me for my fabulous lab results - yippee all around! I picked up an order from the local grass-fed beef butcher but I have to say that I was a little disappointed.  I can buy grass-fed beef at my local Safeway (from their Open Nature line) and it has better flavor. I manned the donations table for Wreaths Across America on Saturday - a gorgeous day outside but since the table was in the shade, it was pretty chilly.  And that's it for the week, folks, apart from this next bit of news.

I finally heard back from the Military Spouse Priority Placement Program (MPP), the resource that helps match displaced spouses (because of our spouses' frequent moves) with job opportunities that might not otherwise be available to them in the federal government.  The federal government hiring system is about as complex as it can be - there are all sorts of criteria for who can and who cannot apply for certain positions and the MPP loosens up a few of the restrictions.  You still have to apply and be interviewed, etc., etc., but you can get a chance at a few jobs that you might not qualify for otherwise.  Anyway, not only did I get a job announcement (application and interview criteria still apply) but I got word that I qualify for several other job categories that I had not considered before.  So, hopefully, more announcements will be forthcoming.  The first application is on its way and I hope to hear something after the announcement closes next week.

I really hadn't planned on working again - I quite enjoy my Lady of Leisure status but frankly, I'm bored.  With Sophia gone and Vic traveling as much as he is and will be this year and next, there is only so much cleaning and laundry a girl can do!  I have shied away from the spouses' groups a bit because most of their activities seem to revolve around food and I'm trying to stay as far away from that as I can.  So, bottom line, there's not a lot going on and I'd like to change that.  Plus, there is the possibility that, in the not too distant future, we may have an overseas assignment and a healthy travel fund would be lovely.

I know this sounds weird but I haven't mentioned this on Facebook, nor even to Vic or Sophia.  I guess I just don't want to go through the "I applied for a job" and "No, I didn't get the job" rigmarole - I'd rather just wait for "I GOT A JOB!" announcement, if and when it comes. So, blogging buddies, it's between me and y'all (or all y'all since I have more than five buddies).  If you'd pray, cross your fingers, think good thoughts, whatever works for you, I'd be most grateful!


Have a great week!

5 comments: