Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Favorites


How was your Halloween?  I had a grand total of two trick or treaters - the two little boys from down the street as their mom said she would bring them by before they headed out to a church event.  Spiderman and Iron Man, so cute.  They were very polite, took one piece of candy each from my large bowl and when I told them to take some more, they each took one more piece, said thank you, and wished me a Happy Halloween!  Seeing them made me think back to the days when Sophia was little so I'm having a trip down memory lane.


1995 - The mischievous kitten - Mum made a tail and stitched it on to Sophia's black unitard along with a headband with ears.  A little eyeliner pencil for whiskers and that face, so cute!


1996 - Pocahontas (or Poki-hontas as Sophia said it) - I bought the dress on sale at the Disney Store and beaded the fringe around the collar.  Vic braided some thin suede for the headdress and added a feather.


1997 - Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz - dress from Target, red shoes from the previous Christmas, and Toto in the basket.


1998 - Po, the red Teletubby - these were the Teletubby years - costume from Target and another pair of red shoes.


1999 - Madeline - loved this coat and hat, Target again.


2000 - Jasmine - Disney Store costume, the wig has a long braid down to Sophia's waist.


2001- a somewhat toothless Cleopatra - can't remember where I got this costume.

Fun memories of Halloweens of the past.

3 comments:

  1. She's cute as can be. It's so fun to look back at old pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun walk down memory lane with you - she's such a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That little black cat is my favorite. So adorable! I made Kasey a clown costume when she was about 8. It was made of satin, and the pattern was such that the first year it bloused around her wrists and ankles. She was always a small child, and it still fit the next year, so she wore it again. And then again the next year. Now she tells stories on me that I made her wear it EVERY year. I probably still have it around here somewhere, and she could probably still fit in it. Maybe I will make that my goal for 2020 to find it before next Halloween...it would be a hilarious surprise for her!

    ReplyDelete