Thursday, October 31, 2019

Thankful, Grateful, Blessed #6


There are times when modern technology just baffles me - I'm not really a tech-savvy person so things get frustrating and it just boggles my mind that the younger generation can master all of the social media and e-resources that are out there these days.  I was reading a message thread about parents communicating with teachers - how they receive alerts when grades are posted and can keep track of whether their students are completing and turning in assignments in a timely manner.  No more hand-written notes going home from the teacher!

That being said, I am so thankful for FaceTime.  I know, crazy, right?  Of all the things I could be thankful and grateful for and blessed with, FaceTime seems an odd choice but with Vic so far away and Sophia so busy, it is wonderful to see their faces and hear their voices as if they were right there in the same room with me.

I've been a Navy wife since before the days of email so we've come a long way and I'm truly thankful to have this connection to my family.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. We Skype with our son's family in KS every weekend. From the day his son was born almost three years ago we've made it a priority. Even when he was an infant he learned to recognize our voices and as he grew know our faces. It's such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete