Tuesday, October 29, 2019

way back when...Wednesday #3

Who remembers Corning's iconic Cornflower pattern?  First produced in 1957, there are some pieces still available today on the Corning website, and it's a firm favorite at any vintage market or antique store.
When I was growing up, Mum made coffee on the stove in this coffeepot.  When Mum and Dad came to stay with us in 2002, I introduced them to Ebay and we spent many mornings searching for items from years ago and there it was, the coffeepot, the one Mum said made the BEST coffee.  We purchased it right away and anxiously awaited its arrival.  I guess we didn't read the description properly as the box that arrived had the coffeepot, but not the percolator insert!  So much for brewing coffee from years gone by.  Oh well, we had a good laugh and a great trip down memory lane.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember that Corningware pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was a proud owner of the cornflower pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that coffee pot in the back of my cupboard with the percolator insert.

    ReplyDelete