Sunday, October 27, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 28, 2019


Happy Monday!  It's time again to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday  Time completely got away from me last week and here we are, the last Happy Homemaker Monday for October.

The weather:::

Mon
Partly Cloudy
54°
30°
Tue
Sunny
48°
30°
Wed
Mostly Sunny
50°
34°
Thu
Partly Cloudy
52°
36°
Fri
Partly Cloudy
54°
38°
Sat
Sunny
55°
39°
Sun
Mostly Sunny
55°
40°


On the breakfast plate this morning:::
Back to work so it's coffee and more coffee, stayed up later than my usual work night bedtime last night.   

Right now I am:::
Headed to the bus and thankful it is not raining.

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, Renew lotion, and a coconut/jasmine candle, not to burn, just for the scent.    

On my reading pile:::
Finished up the second Jennifer Robson book, Moonlight over Paris, wonderful!  Now I am reading Dragonfly by Leila Meacham, another impossible to put down book.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Episode 9 of Season 10 of the Great British Baking Show - Patisserie - next week is the final!  Finished up Outlander, I'm all ready for Season 5 and I watched Hocus Pocus, can you believe I'd never seen it before?

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show, Season 10, Episode 10 - the final

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
Couldn't get back on the Whole 30 wagon and I'll admit a few pieces of Halloween candy have tempted me.  Ugh, no will power.  Will try again to find those illusive healthy eating habits.  I have a flank steak, salmon, and some shrimp in the freezer, let's see what I can come up with from that lineup.

On my to do list:::
Housework:::It's the pantry and closets this week on the Holiday Grand Plan.
Bedroom:::No change.  Bed-making check, cozy in flannel check.  Now that I have some semblance of order in the garage, I'll probably move the laundry organizer pieces out of the bedroom so I can say the master is done.  I do need to find two small lampshades for the lamps that go on the bedside tables.   The ones we have have definitely seen better days.
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita - did my weekly dishwasher load, run, and unload on Friday night/Saturday morning.
More packages arrived last week so I have some wrapping to do.  City Sidewalks kennel reservations for Spectra done, just need to check the budget.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
The final set-up in the office is in the works now that the last pieces of furniture were delivered this past weekend.  Just need to re-route some of the wiring to tidy things up.

Looking forward to:::
Another craft fair this weekend, this one as an outing with several of my co-workers.

Looking around the house:::
Moved a few things around for better flow.  Everywhere is tidy, I do a five-minute clutter check each evening to put things away.  

From the camera:::


This guy will be going up on the porch to welcome the trick or treaters on Thursday.  $50 at Michael's - 60% off plus another 25% off coupon = final price of $15, what a deal!

What I'm wearing today:::
Work uniform - pants, shirt, cardigan.  Moved up to a jacket lined with fleece for the chillier mornings.

Thinking about:::
The Christmas Afternoon Tea and Ornament Exchange I am holding in December.  Menu, dishes, serving dishes, napkins, thank you for coming gifts, what kind of ornament I would like to find, a dozen details like that.

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
"Make it your goal to live a quiet life" - 1 Thessalonians 4:11 NLT.

Prayers for family and friends with health and financial challenges.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a smokin' deal on Snoopy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas tea sounds just so much fun! Snoopy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a good week! Love the Snoopy inflatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Snoopy, no way we would get prices like that around here :(
    Seems like you are getting quite settled in - I love the idea of your Christmas afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deal on your Snoopy! Can relate to your willpower woes. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome deal on Snoopy (my favorite)! You and I are sharing the almost exact same weather this week :D I absolutely LOVE your inspiration! Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am making my rounds a day late... Going to craft fairs are lots of fun... I get lots of fun ideas to try and recreate!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whole 30 is such a challenge! I was able to do two weeks of it. Thinking of trying again in Jan. We'll see! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't do diets of any kind, my body immediately sabotages it and I give in to temptation LOL Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Snoopy. I love tea and would love to do a tea excahnge, sounds fun and enjoyed my visit to your blog and will come again. I got here from Homemaker Monday!

    ReplyDelete