Monday, October 14, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 14, 2019


Happy Monday!  It's time again to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday  It's always a Happy Monday when it's a holiday!

The weather:::

Mon
Partly Cloudy
59°
43°
Tue
Cloudy
58°
49°
Wed
Rain
55°
48°
Thu
Rain
55°
45°
Fri
Scattered Thunderstorms
54°
44°
Sat
Showers
54°
43°
Sun
Showers
51°
46


Lots of rain in the forecast this week - good thing I had the gutters cleaned last week.

On the breakfast plate this morning:::
A cup of tea.   

Right now I am:::
Still in my fleece robe because it's a federal holiday and I am home today!

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, Renew lotion, and a coconut/jasmine candle, not to burn, just for the scent.    

On my reading pile:::
Finished up Somewhere in France by Jennifer Robson and absolutely loved it!  I put her next book on hold at the library.  It's not really a series, but the main focus for the second book is a character introduced in the first one.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Binge-watched The Durrells in Corfu (I LOVE PBS Passport) and Episode 7 of Season 10 of the Great British Baking Show - Festivals - which was interesting.  I can't say I've ever heard of a kek lapis Sarawak and most of the bakers hadn't either!  I reactivated STARZ and watched The Spanish Princess which I really enjoyed.  I'm also in full Christmas mode, having watched Delia Smith's Classic Christmas and the Two Fat Ladies Christmas, both on You Tube.

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show, Season 10, Episode 8 - Pastries, another favorite
Outlander
Poldark

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
A Whole 30 fail on Friday night when I ate three of the cookies one of my neighbors brought over and I ate three more on Saturday and picked up a sandwich from Mike's Jersey Subs after running errands ALL day.  I guess I'm transitioning to the 5-2 plan - 5 days of Whole 30, 2 days of eating regularly (although trying to stay gluten-free and not drinking any Coke as well as maintaining my snob attitude towards Halloween candy, "I don't eat American chocolate" LOL.

On my to do list:::
Housework:::It's the guest room this week on the Holiday Grand Plan.  Pretty much have that one organized.
Bedroom:::No change.  Bed-making check, cozy in flannel check.  Thinking about flexing my drill muscles and hanging up another couple of wrought iron racks.  We'll see how that goes.
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita - did my weekly dishwasher load, run, and unload on Friday night/Saturday morning.
Knocked out a chunk of my online Christmas shopping, still have a little more to do.  City Sidewalks hotel reservations done, just need to make reservations for Spectra at the kennels while we are away.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still creating organization - this time on my craft desk.  My December Daily supplies arrived in the mail so I need to get busy with finishing up 2018's album.

Looking forward to:::
A huge Christmas craft fair outing with Sophia this weekend.

Looking around the house:::
Working on a Halloween design for my three-tier server, something like this photo I saved from Pottery Barn below.  

From the camera:::


Not my photo - it's from the Pottery Barn website.  I ordered the mugs since they were on sale and when they get here, I'll put it all together.

What I'm wearing today:::
Nightgown and fleece robe - having a very lazy morning.

Thinking about:::
Thanksgiving, Vic coming home, Christmas, plans for the house, Sophia finishing up her Masters, my mind is going in a dozen different directions right now.

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - L. M. Montgomery

Adding to my prayer list this week, two friends whose spouses have serious health challenges.

13 comments:

  1. You are busy! Sounds like you're well on your way to a stress-free Christmas. Enjoy your day off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I always love stopping by your blog, it is so cosy! It sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I am hoping to catch another episode of the Great British Bake Off, and am also starting to add Christmas shows to my favourites. It is a great time of year, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only started "thinking" about Christmas gift so you're way ahead of me!

    I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2019/10/happy-homemaker-monday-101419.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also watch the Great British Bake Off and the Sarawak Cake was quite different, loved all the bright colors.

    I am gearing up for Christmas movies, it's my favorite time of year lol

    Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on the book...it sounds like something I'd enjoy. Have fun at the Craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dropping by here has made my Christmas fever even more so! I can see the tree coming out of storage soon! I enjoyed dropping by! Enjoy your Christmas craft fair this weekend! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad its comfy, cozy robe season!! Cute tiered tray!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh! I want a 3-tier tray like yours… been looking everywhere to find one.
    Love rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Halloween mugs look so fun! I have to get my Halloween stuff out still before I can start "officially" thinking Christmas. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each and every visit with you is always so much fun! YOUr book reminded me of a the wonderful book on France my cousin gave me years ago.. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle. If you havent read it, you must! Hae a wondeful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love A Year in Provence! I have the books, the audiobook, and the DVD series they made with John Thaw and Lindsay Duncan.

      Delete
  11. If I didn't know better, I'd think we lived in the same place based on your weather. I just LOVE this fall weather and wearing sweaters again! I love your Halloween decorations on the trays - too cute. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you can see, I'm running a week behind. We just signed up with PBS Passport and look forward to catching some great British broadcasting. Have already watched the show about the Bronte sisters (made me bawl like a baby at the end) and the 5th season of GBBS. Blessings for a great Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete