Monday, November 2, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Temperatures still in the 50s this week and the 40s at night.  So dark last night at 5:30pm.

On my reading pile:::
Finished the Village School series by Gervase Phinn, I know I've said it before but it was delightful.  Abandoned The Long Weekend:  Life in the English Country House 1918-1939 by Adrian Tinniswood - too much emphasis on architecture, got pretty tedious.  Just as well I gave up since it was due back at the library on Saturday.  I swapped it for these two:


On my TV:::
Still bingeing my way through The West Wing and enjoyed two more premieres in the Countdown to Christmas lineup on The Hallmark Channel.  The watch party for Saturday's premiere of One Royal Holiday was a bust - there were only three (me and two others) of the nine potential viewers who were going to participate but one bailed about five minutes before the movie was due to start and the other one texted almost at the end to say she'd forgotten.  Oh well, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Japanese Week on The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix was interesting, next week The 80s, wonder what baked items debuted in that decade?

Checked off the list:::
Followed up with the Ophthalmology clinic and got the all-clear for my eye.  Stopped off at the lab for blood work and got a message from my provider that my cholesterol was good but my Vitamin D was low.  Hello, this is Washington, land where people sit under those sun lamp things to stop getting SAD.  I'm quite happy with cloudy and grey.  Must look up what low Vitamin D means since I hate taking those horse pills.

Crafts Roundup:::
Almost #donebydecember on my 2018 album - my photos arrived from Persnickety Prints and they look great.  Should have it all wrapped up by the end of the week as it's the all-day Online Prep Party for December Daily 2020 this Saturday. Signed up for a virtual scrapbook retreat on the following weekend so I'm waiting to hear more details on that.

And in other news:::
Sophia placed fourth in her first equitation class in three years in Saturday's horse show.  Here she is, Batgirl - the show was called Jeepers Creepers.


No trick or treaters, not even the two little boys from down the street, so it's time...yes, drum roll for the twinkle lights...the tree is up!  I won't put the ornaments on until Sophia comes for Thanksgiving but I LOVE to have the tree lit up in the evenings.  I'm feeling quite a sense of accomplishment that I managed to get all three tiers to light and the tree to revolve on the first attempt!


Happy November, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Sophie! And good for you getting the tree up. I'm counting down the days til I can start decorating. I thought I'd be able to start with some small stuff, but my daughter has so much stuff in the garage awaiting her move that I can't get to the shelves! oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie looks so happy with her horse! I hope you'll like the Kelly Rimmer book as much as I did! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVED the Memory of Us and The Things We Cannot say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all of the Christmas decorations- we need all of the joy we can get this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your sweet girl- how exciting! I may check these books out too- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete