Monday, November 9, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
So windy this weekend, the barbecue cover blew off and right across the deck.  The good news is that the wind pretty much cleared any leaves off the roof!  HIghs only in the 40s this week and more than a 50% chance of rain just about every day.

On my reading pile:::
Finished The Memory of Us, excellent read, and I'm working my way through The Things We Cannot Say.  Need to order a couple more titles from the library.


On my TV:::
The West Wing and holiday premieres on The Hallmark Channel still going strong.  I'm starting to see Vlogmas previews on You Tube.  Lots of decor going up already.

The 80s Week on The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix was fun - quiche, ice cream cakes, and finger doughnuts.  Next up, Desserts.

Checked off the list:::
Most of last week was planning for Saturday's Prep Party Event and the virtual scrapbook retreat on the calendar for this coming Saturday.

Crafts Roundup:::
I was going to be #donebydecember on my 2018 album until I realized that it is far too thick for one album.  The album I am using is no longer available so I whipped over to the Home Shopping Network where they have some Ali Edwards December Daily packages deeply discounted and order two so that I would have two matching albums.  They were running Black Friday deals so free shipping, score!


The December Daily Prep Party on Saturday was excellent - 12 hours of ideas, techniques, a special guest, and a great time for like-minded crafters to look forward to this wonderful memory-keeping project for the month of December.  I registered for the virtual scrapbook retreat which is 6-10pm this coming Friday and all day Saturday.  Looks like a fun event.  I decided to work on our 2009 Family Album, yes, I am THAT far behind so I went through our photos and managed to get the total down from 1147 to 351.  Thank goodness there was a 50% off prints offer available.  The retreat will be my first experience with Zoom.

And in other news:::

Well, we all know what the main news was last week, enough said.  My sense of accomplishment at getting my tree to light and revolve was dashed when I turned it on and found that part of the middle section is not lighting.  Not the whole section, just a branch here and there.  I think there's some sort of tool that you can buy to test the bulbs, will have to look.

I'm off work today for some appointments so I've made a list of other stops, looking forward to crossing some things off my list.

Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. We had a tree like that with a band of lights that went out. Michael was able to use the tester to find the problem. After a few years, more and more patches were going out so we finally replaced it. Hope you have a good week! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I Hate when only part of the tree lights and I can't figure out how to easily fix it. Best of luck with that!

    ReplyDelete