Monday, November 30, 2020

Hello Monday

The weather:::
Temperatures still in the 40s during the day, 30s at night.  Not much significant change from the past few weeks.  A pretty typical western Washington late fall/early winter.

On my reading pile:::
Finished Christmas in Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomber and the second book in the House of Falconer series by Barbara Taylor Bradford, In the Lion's Den, came in at the library.  It's an easy read.

On my TV:::
Still working my way through The Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas holiday premieres.  Sophia and I watched the final of The Great British Baking Show on Friday, not to wait for the next season.  Congratulations to Peter, the youngest ever Bake Off winner.  The holiday series is out on Netflix on December 4.


Checked off the list:::
Shopping - done.  Wrapping - done.  Christmas cards ordered - done.  Tree up - done (can't fix the one section that won't light - Sophia and I tested every bulb so it must be a wiring problem - I think the tree is at least 11 years old, that's a pretty good life for an artificial tree).  Mailed Vic's Christmas package so he'll have some presents to open when we FaceTime with him on Christmas Day.  Sophia came for Thanksgiving and stayed for a couple of days.  It was a very low key day.  The parade was meh, best they could do I suppose in the circumstances.  We watched Hallmark movies and decorated the tree, ran to pick up a couple of things on Friday but not a Black Friday-type thing.  I had a return to take to Costco and Sophia wanted some cushions from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  We didn't leave the house until almost noon and it was pretty quiet out.


Found Vic's next year's holiday outfit!


Sophia's Friends radar found this cup, cappuccino mix, vanilla syrup, and cookies set at Total Wine

Crafts Roundup:::
Still have not received my replacement album so I can't put my December Daily 2018 album together.  I think it's due Tuesday.  Not much other crafting went on last week.

And in other news:::
Counting down the days until Sophia comes home again for Christmas and then we'll be counting down for Christmas in July which is when Vic will be home again.

Sophia is anxiously awaiting December 1 to break into her three Advent calendars - Sugarfina, Friends, and the gift card basket.

3 comments:

  1. You are well on your way to a stress-free Christmas with all you've accomplished! I wish I was. I'm almost done decorating the house. Then it's on to cards, baking, and a few gifts yet to buy. All in all considering the chaos my house has been for most of this year I think I'm doing as well as I can! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really ahead of the game! The gift card basket is such a great idea, especially for a young adult just starting out. I'm glad you got to visit with S over Thanksgiving. How far away does she live? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished watching the Great British Baking show today and I was so happy to see that Peter won!

    ReplyDelete