Monday, December 14, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Temperatures rising slightly, high 40s, even a couple of 50 degree days next week but rain forecast for every day except today.

On my reading pile:::
Finished the second book in the House of Falconer series by Barbara Taylor Bradford, In the Lion's Den.  I've started the Talyton St. George vet series by Cathy Woodman, knocking out the first book, Trust Me, I'm a Vet and moving on to book two, Must Be Love.

On my TV:::
Heading to the end of The Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas holiday premieres.  Just a few more movies to go.  Trying to work my way through The West Wing before it ends on Netflix.

Checked off the list:::
Our COVID-19 Christmas tree that was revolving but not lit in one section has moved on to Stage 2, now it doesn't revolve but the unlit section is now lit.  Honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up!  A few more gifts ordered, I can't just stop myself, so many neat things out there.  One of my favorite purchases is our front door wreath from L. L. Bean, it arrived from Maine and smells wonderful.  I give it a quick spritz with water from a spray bottle twice a week.  I was going to put a photo in here but can't find one, guess I haven't taken it yet!  Next week, I promise.

Crafts Roundup:::
December Daily is a bust, it will be December catch up during Christmas and New Year's when I am off work..  I had such good intensions but such is life in December.

And in other news:::
Sophia is loving her Advent calendars - I forgot to keep the list of the gift cards so our mornings start out with "What did you get today?".  The Friends Advent calendar has some cute little items that are going to look great on a tabletop tree next year.  If you have a Friends fan in your household, it's a great gift.


Our Elf watch party was a bust - turns out two is the maximum number of viewers who can view a movie from your Amazon Prime library at the same time.  Who knew?  We ended up having a three-way FaceTime call instead.  Lesson learned.

Had a great time in World Market picking up things for our charcuterie board for Christmas Day.  It's a snacking kind of day around here so there were lots of goodies.  I also found this interesting charcuterie knock-off idea, the jarcuterie.

All the details are in this Pioneer Woman post.

And finally, I'll leave this here.  I know that this is a monumental year for politics, and I'm not taking anything away from President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris, but I have to agree that something like this would have been a more appropriate cover for this year.  I borrowed the photo from the Instagram of fellow blogger, Laura of The Horton Family.


The Pfizer vaccine is coming, what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I love the jarcuterie idea - so fun! It would even be great to keep some in the fridge ready for a lunch or snack. Isn't that Christmas tree just so "2020?" You just have to laugh! I completely agree about the Time cover. There would have been so many great options - health care worker, teacher, research scientist, etc. I will probably wait on the vaccine. I am not high risk and don't have to go into crowded situations. The mRNA vaccine is completely new technology with a very rushed testing phase, so I will wait awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jarcuterie is so cute! Sorry to hear your tree keeps acting up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% agreement on the Time cover.
    I will definitely get the vaccine when it works its way down to me!

    ReplyDelete