Monday, December 21, 2020

Hello Monday

  

The weather:::
Low to mid 40s all week, some cloudy days, some rainy.  Lots of wintery weather being posted by my New England friends, a real Winter Wonderland.

On my reading pile:::
Finished up book two, Must Be Love, in the Talyton St. George vet series by Cathy Woodman and putting reading on hold for a few days.  We'll have our annual trip to Barnes and Noble this week so I'm sure I'll find a holiday read there.  I completed my Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge, post will be up Wednesday.

On my TV:::
Finished up The Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas holiday premieres and I have three movies to catch up on that I missed when they were showing daily movies Thanksgiving week.  I also wrapped up The West Wing on Netflix as well as Christmas Chronicles 2.  Does it leave an opening for Christmas Chronicles 3?  I think so.

Checked off the list:::
Busy last full week at work last week - this week will be a combination of telework and leave.  Sophia arrives on Tuesday so we have a few things planned but mostly we'll just be enjoying our time at home.  Bittersweet note in my planner for last Saturday - Vic arrives today is what it said, never mind, as fast as time has gone by, July will be here before we know it.

Crafts Roundup:::
Still planning to catch up on December Daily during Christmas and New Year's when I am off work.  As far as anything else, this is about as crafty as it gets this year!


Poinsettia Advent Mistletoe Elf Lights Angel

And in other news:::
'Tis the season...Sophia came home with a bundle of presents from her Secret Santa, her students, and the parents' association at school.  So many lovely gifts.  The parents' association's card full of gift cards was an awesome gift - a couple of eateries, Starbucks, and everyone's favorite, the teachers' supply store!  She's finishing up her Advent gift card calendar, there were a couple of different ones in the last week and she's looking forward to picking up a few things at Michaels and taking Spectra to Petsmart.

That's about all, friends, I'll leave you with this and wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. I just love that letter from Dolly, and I'm so glad that Sophia school family showered her with gifts. What a bittersweet calendar reminder that Vic was to be home now. You have a strong constitution to deal with all that! I can't wait for your good reads roundup. Mine will be next week. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had planned to send teacher gifts into school with my son but he hasn't been in the building all month! I feel so bad to not get them anything; I know they are all working extra hard this year. So sorry that Vic isn't going to be coming home as planned but I really do hope the time flies by for you until he does come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took my last vacation day of the year today. Got some gifts worked on. which we will be passing off from a distance. I'm tired of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished my Goodreads challenge as well. This was my first year to use Goodreads (although I set a reading goal each year) and I was thrilled to finally reach the goal I've aimed for for many years. Enjoy your Christmas with Sophie. I'm so disappointed with you, for you that Vic will not be home. So thankful we live in a time when you can communicate with him in real time.

    ReplyDelete