Monday, December 28, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Mid 40s for the upcoming week with cloudy days on Monday and Tuesday and then rain for the rest of the week.  I'm off work all week as we close for the week between Christmas and New Year's and I have lots of projects around the house.

On my reading pile:::
Vic and Sophia emptied my Amazon wish list so there were three new books under the tree - A Blessing to Cherish by Lauraine Snelling, the final book, number seventeen, in the series that started with the Red River of the North books; Snobs by Julian Fellowes; and Rick Steves' For the Love of Europe:  My Favorite Places, People, and Stories.  I also picked up Debbie Macomber's new Christmas book, Jingle All the Way, on our trip to Barnes and Noble.

On my TV:::
Just one movie to catch up on that I missed during Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas  We rented the new Gerard Butler disaster movie, Greenland, on Amazon Prime over the holidays - Sophia and I watched it on Christmas Eve and Vic watched it the following day.  You have 48 hours to view it when you purchase it.


On Netflix, I worked my way through Bridgerton (a lot of steamy scenes for those of you who have children, even teenagers, at home) and Emily in Paris this weekend and Virgin River is next on the list.

Checked off the list:::
Sophia picked me up at work at lunchtime on Tuesday so we went home, unloaded her car, and watched a Hallmark movie.  We both felt like Chinese food so we took a drive out to get some.  I teleworked for half a day on Wednesday and then we went to Whole Foods and Chick-Fil-A, picking up enough for a snacking dinner as well.  On Christmas Eve, we went to the bakery for some Christmas morning pastries, the gourmet market for the last of our charcuterie supplies, and then stopped at Barnes and Noble for our annual holiday visit.


Holiday masks


Sugar cookie gnomes


Our delicious charcuterie board


Christmas pajamas

We tried to sleep in as long as we could since it was going to be very early for Vic when we called on Christmas morning.  He was such a trooper, up at 2:00am and stayed with us through all of the present opening, and then it was right back to bed for him.  Sophia ended up having a long nap on the couch while I started watching Bridgerton on Netflix.

Crafts Roundup:::
Zero crafts over the last week but I intend to remedy that this week.

And in other news:::
Sophia headed home on Saturday as she had to work at the boutique on Sunday and see Ginger.  She had arranged for someone to work with her every other day while she was gone.  It's very quiet in the house after having Sophia and two dogs here for four days but I am looking forward to this week ahead - no work, time for crafts, organizing, and getting ready for the coming year!

Happy New Year!

2 comments: