Monday, May 3, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
I think weather forecasters should come up with a new category for western Washington - "Partly" - that could be partly cloudy, partly rainy, partly sunny.  This week, the exception is Wednesday when it is Mostly!


On my reading pile:::
I got so immersed in National Scrapbook Day yesterday, I completely forgot to go to the library to pick up my hold book so I'll be shopping the bookshelves again.

On my TV:::
For any of you who took up my recommendation to check out London Hospital on Amazon Prime, I hope you weren't totally confused by the way it is listed.  Apparently, London Hospital is the US title, with Casualty 1900s as the UK title.  That is further sub-divided into Casualty 1906 (one episode), Casualty 1907 (three episodes), and Casualty 1909 (six episodes).  And to make it even more confusing, it's not to be confused with the modern UK program, Casualty, which is set in modern times, in the A & E (Accident & Emergency) Department, think ER with British accents.  It's a very popular program, 35 seasons so far, and available on BritBox.  I'll be checking it out this week.



I'm working my way through The House of Eliott on Amazon Prime at the moment.  I've watched it before, years ago, and really enjoyed it but I'll give you a bit of a heads-up, not really a spoiler, it ends abruptly after Season 3 when the BBC decided not to renew it.  Kind of leaves you hanging.

\
Checked off the list:::
The suspense is killing me!  The appraisal is still not in yet.  Vic is waiting for documents from the attorney's office because they have to be notarized and returned by express mail.  The oil tank will be replaced on Wednesday and I hope to have lots of great things to report next Monday.

Crafts Roundup:::
Spent the entire day on Saturday continuing on with the 2009 Family Album.  It was National Scrapbook Day and since my local group didn't have a special event planned, I decided to just commit to working all day on the album.  I'm in to November now, the end is in sight.

And in other news:::
I teleworked on Wednesday so I could be home for the alarm and roof de-moss service guys.  The alarm guy showed up but the roof guy's truck broke down so that will have to be rescheduled.  It was a busy teleworking day.  I woke up Thursday with a splitting headache so called in to work to say I was not coming in.  I took some Tylenol, liberally slathered myself with lavender essential oil headache relief, and went back to sleep.  I woke up a couple of hours later and made the mistake of opening up my work e-mail - the appointment slots for next week's vaccine appointments were released so I spent some time coordinating that as well as taking care of other e-mails and answered a few phone calls.  Instead of a sick day, I ended up working a full day, just on a later shift.  

I received an e-mail to say that my dining room set is finally coming on May 25 but the company could deliver my order sooner than expected so I selected May 15 from the available appointment dates.  I can't wait!

I'm off to see Sophia for Mother's Day weekend, can't wait for that either!

3 comments:

  1. We are watching "Atlantic Crossing" (I believe I read the suggestion on your blog) and loving it. I am a WWII buff and have read dozens of books on that war. Crown Princess Marta's name has popped up in some of them but nothing in depth on her. I'm definitely going to be reading more about her now. Enjoy Mother's Day with Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are able to visit Sophia for Mother's Day weekend, and also I'm excited to see your table. So sorry about the headache. We are working to get my m-i-law's house sold and are also waiting for the buyer's appraisal. There seems to be a back up on appraisals because of the hot housing market here. Hope you have a good week. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for the show recommendations. We are just finished After Life and loved it so much. Hope there will be another season soon.

    ReplyDelete