Monday, May 10, 2021

Hello Monday

  

The weather:::
Things are warming up!  That's not a "Yay" exclamation, it's more like a "Yikes".  You know me, not a warm weather gal.


On my reading pile:::
Still working my way through The Village Vet by Cathy Woodman from my bookshelves.  I really want to move to Talyton St. George.  

On my TV:::
Finished up The House of Eliott, with abrupt ending, and moved on to The Pallisers on You Tube.  Sophia and I have watched it before and still use Lady Glencora's expressions, "Hey Ho" and "Excellent, excellent, excellent, Mr. Finn" when the occasion calls for them.
\
Checked off the list:::
The appraisal is in and in the words of the buyer's agent, "We got our number!".  The new oil tank has been installed and all documents are signed, notarized, and in the mail.  It just remains to be seen how long they will take to arrive from Okinawa.  Closing date is this Friday.

Crafts Roundup:::
The 2009 Family Album is done!  It's 3 1/2 inches thick so I think I'm going to have to split it into two.  Next project:  2010.

And in other news:::
I was completely down on Monday and Tuesday with my back and stiff and sore Wednesday and Thursday although I did manage to get to work.  I had to cancel my hair appointment and I didn't make it up to see Sophia for Mother's Day.  I just didn't think I could handle 2+ hours each way and sleeping in her twenty-something bed.  It's more like a futon than a mattress!  We'll try again over Memorial Day weekend.

The dining room set finally arrived and it looks beautiful!  I need to find something to go down the center.  I tried out this set of mats but it still needs something more.


I had my three tier server decorated for Mother's Day and meant to put it up as my Friday Favorite but didn't get to it so here it is.  It's a tribute to Mum - the photo on the back left was taken as a gift for Dad when he was in Vietnam, next to it is a 3-D card from Hallmark that says With Love at the top and has a removeable "Happy Mother's Day" card that is hidden behind the Yorkshire Tea box which is in one of the cute marshmallow cups.  Next to that is a sweater that Mum knitted which is a cozy for your boiled egg.


The bottom tier holds Rae Dunn pots that say I (heart) Mom - the one at the back left has a white hydrangea and the one on the back right holds Daisy and Milly, little stuffed dogs that belonged to Sophia.  When my sister got married at Duns Castle in Scotland, the family had three dogs, Poppy was the mother and Daisy and Milly were her pups.  Sophia and Mum both loved dogs and spent time with them whenever they could.  In front of the hydrangea is a small Charmin bear that Mum gave to Sophia.  I think it was one of those supermarket giveaways, buy x number of rolls of Charmin and get a free stuffed bear!  Next to that is a booklet on Buchanan tartan, the tartan of Mum's maternal grandmother with a card I made for Mum one Mother's Day years ago.  The whole arrangement gave me a lot of wonderful memories of Mum.

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

1 comment: