Monday, May 17, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Three out of six days this week with "Sunbreaks".  Interesting.


On my reading pile:::
Finally made it to the library and picked up We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter.  Working my way through it at lunch time and on the bus home. 

On my TV:::
Finished the The Pallisers on You Tube and started Madam Secretary from the beginning again on Netfix.

Checked off the list:::
The closing occurred without incident on Friday but the buyer's attorney did not get to the town hall in time to record the deed so the deal is not quite final.  He has an appointment at 9:00am today so hopefully by the time you read this we will no longer own a home in Rhode Island.

Crafts Roundup:::
Sorted all the photos for the 2010 Family Album, they will be ready for pick up after work today.

And in other news:::
Still trying to get caught up at work from being off two days last week and now I've got my second COVID shot on Tuesday so I think I may be out a day this week.  There is just so much going on.  I made it to my rescheduled hair appointment and the guy came to de-moss the roof.  Unfortunately, the florist delivered flowers from Vic that same afternoon, just before the de-mossing.  He left hem on the front porch and the de-moss crew worked from the side of the house and the back.  They didn't see the flowers so when I got home, the arrangement was full of dirt and pine needles.  I gave them a bit of a shake and they're still going strong.

For those of you watching Atlantic Crossing, I don't know if you've seen the great feature on PBS' website, Fact or Fiction, for each episode.  It's a really great way to separate the history from the dramatization.


Mum would have been 95 today, Happy Birthday in heaven, Mum!

April 1957 with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, Dad was stationed at the Presidio, Mum went to work at Macy's and they rented an apartment a couple of blocks from the Marina, a location you probably couldn't touch these days for a king's ransom! 

3 comments:

  1. We are loving Atlantic Crossing! WWII is one of my top three subjects of interest. I have read dozens of books on it and have run across Princess Marta a few times. So I'm definitely fact checking the events of this show. Fact or not, it is extremely well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved Atlantic Crossing! I love the fact or fiction feature. I saw it for one episode, but need to go check out more. I love the picture of your mother. I was born in San Francisco (Berkeley) in the 1960's, and I'm sure it was much cheaper to live there back then. My dad was a graduate student at UC Berkeley. Have a wonderful week - I hope you get lots of sunbursts, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the closing went well and hopefully it's official by now!

    ReplyDelete