Monday, June 28, 2021

Hello Monday

  

The weather:::
Unbelieveable!  I checked on my two elderly neighbors this weekend, one has air conditioning and the other couple have a window unit in their bedroom so they and their dog are holed up in the there.  Monday will be the worst and then we are forecast to have almost a twenty degree drop.  There isn't a box fan or an air conditioning unit to be found in this area.


On my reading pile:::.
Still longing for Yorkshire as I lose myself in Gervase Phinn's tales.

On my TV:::
Since I've spent the whole weekend in the house at my project table, I've worked my way through a variety of movies in our Amazon library.  I started off with a few good ol' disaster movies and now I've moved on to one of my all-time favorites, 84 Charing Cross Road with Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins.

Checked off the list:::
The mobile notary/settlement agent came by on Friday evening and that's all complete.  He ran his own mortgage company for years, retired from that, and decided to take up the mobile business, thinking he'd handle 15-20 closings a month.  When the word got around about his new venture, many of the companies he'd dealt with reached out to him and he does about 150 closings a month for 17 different companies.  A very lucrative business.

Crafts Roundup:::
I'm into April in the 2010 Family Album.

And in other news:::
Back to my own office tomorrow after a week of filling in in the Executive Director's office. He's my old boss, love to work for him, but oh my goodness, is it ever busy there compared to my office!  I started as soon as I walked in the door and worked right through lunch every day.  I'll be glad to get back to my own office and a bit slower pace.

I actually cooked this weekend!  On Saturday night, I made Egg Roll in a Bowl which was delicious and tonight's dinner was Whole 30 Kung Pao Chicken.  It wasn't very PAO since I discovered I didn't have any chili flakes but it was still yummy.

Found this in Facebook memories yesterday:


It's been two years since Vic jetted off to Japan.  What we thought would be an inconvenient but bearable assignment - two years is a long time but broken up into four six month segments would be manageable - turned into one visit home in the two years due to COVID-19.  Oh well, never mind, he only has 26 days left until he leaves Okinawa for good.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy and the weather is so crazy this time of year. I am making the egg roll in a bowl recipe my hubby will love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe the high temperatures in the NW right now. It's hotter than Texas, and we have maximum air conditioning everywhere. How exciting that you're on the final countdown for V's return home. Have a wonderful week. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have temps in the 90's this week too but it's supposed to break and be in the 60's by this weekend! The weather is just crazy with it's ups and downs. We love egg roll in a bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy hearing tales of people who create a new career for themselves and are successful at it. Of course, sometimes I think "why didn't I think of that?" Haha! So excited for you that Vic will be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toooooo hot! if Fall can get here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny how things work out. I know you all missed each other terribly. I remember how sad I was for you when you couldn't accompany him on this assignment. But now that you are almost at the end and looking back, pandemic distancing in a foreign country would have been very hard on the two of you and Sophia with all the milestones she has had while Vic was gone. So glad you will all be together soon.

    ReplyDelete