Monday, June 21, 2021

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Shoot me now, look at those temperatures.  Hello air conditioning, my new best friend.


On my reading pile:::.
Still longing for Yorkshire as I lose myself in Gervase Phinn's tales.

On my TV:::
Took a break from Quantico to watch PBS Masterpiece's new program, Us.  It's interesting, not quite sure how I feel about it yet.

Checked off the list:::
Hoping to finish up with the house refinancing this week as I received the Power of Attorney and I'm good to go.

Crafts Roundup:::
Finished the addition to the 2008 Family Album and I'm onto 2010.  Tidied up the project table so it should be easy to whip out a couple of pages each evening.

And in other news:::
I haven't been paying too much attention to the news lately and the announcement that Juneteenth is now a Federal holiday came right out of the blue.  It started with someone asking me first thing on Thursday morning if we were off work on Friday and continued on to someone else wishing me a happy three-day weekend.  Once President Biden's signature was on the document, it was a mad dash to finish getting things in order since Thursday was now our Friday and it was also the end of the payroll period.  It was chaotic but it certainly was lovely to have Friday off.

Christmas crackers have been a festive staple in England since the late 1800s - when did the US start producing them for other holidays?  I was surprised to see these in my local market for the Independence Day holiday - perhaps it's a new table décor item?

No comments:

Post a Comment