Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Merry Christmas Mum

Christmas 1986

Ten years ago today, I received the phone call that would make a hole in my heart that could never be repaired.  After an intense but blessedly short battle with cancer, Mum was gone.  She was my rock, the one who kept us all together, the one who was always there.  Now she was gone and we had to face the prospect of going on without her.  She never saw her grandson Marc, born three months before she died, she would never see Sophia graduate from high school, or get married, and she would never know Alex, her second grandson born a year later.  How would we ever go on?

Ten years later, we have managed to celebrate birthdays, holidays and special occasions, knowing that she is always with us, watching down on us, cheering us on.  The pain of her loss will never go away, and she lives on in our memories forever.

I love you, Mum, and I miss you terribly.

I get my love of Christmas from my Mum - she made the holiday so festive.  The house always looked lovely, the food was delicious, the holiday spirit was everywhere, and it lives on in our memories of her every year.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you know she can be there with you all the time.

    ReplyDelete