Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 296
It's Wednesday and that means it's time to Hodgepodge! Click on the photo if you'd like to join in.
1. What's the last thing you did that someone else thought was super?
I signed us up for cake decorating class. My husband will be travelling a lot while we are here in Virginia so I wanted to look for fun and unique things for us to do together when he's home. We had such a good time and he said, "Why haven't we done this before?".
2. The last thing you ate that tasted superb?
Baked potatoes with Tessemae's Creamy Ranch dressing - better than butter and sour cream and Whole 30 compliant.
3. Supersensitive, superstitious, superwoman, superambitious, supercilious, supervisor, superficial...pick a super word from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way recently or currently.
Superwoman, or attempting to be superwoman! I feel like I'm going in a hundred directions at once - how ever did I manage to work and get all of this other stuff done? I think I'm still in the "just moved to a new place" mode - settled, but not settled, but trying to be settled, not that that makes any sense.
4. Do you love easily? If you're comfortable doing so, explain why you think that it.
Yes. I did when I was younger which usually meant that I was the one who ended up with a broken heart. When I met my husband, I fell head over heels in love with him, couldn't eat, couldn't wait to see him, didn't want to be away from him for a moment longer than necessary. I'm blessed that he felt the same way and we're still pretty much following that pattern. I'm glad we're older and are able to deal better with separations because he's often deployed and travels a lot so we have more quality than quantity now but every moment is just as special.
5. Valentine's Day lands on a Tuesday this year. Will you mark the day in some way? If you're celebrating with a dinner out somewhere will it be on Tuesday or will you celebrate over the weekend?
We will most likely celebrate over the weekend although I'm not sure how yet. Eat in or eat out? Who's going to make the final decision?
6. What's something you are loving right now?
Being home and having my husband home when he's here. He goes to work early but is home mid-afternoon sometimes so that's nice to be able to cook dinner together or go places. I would like to go back to work but it will be at least 90 days (President Trump's hiring freeze) and by then, I just may be so comfortable back in homemaker mode, I may not want to. I love being able to have that choice.
7. Write a three word (or less) phrase you'd like to see on a Valentine candy heart.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This has turned out to be rather gushing but I think that's appropriate for the week before Valentine's Day. I'm a hopeless romantic. My husband may drive me bananas and I know he thinks I nag at times but I think it's the biggest compliment when people say that we have so much fun together and they envy (in a good way) all the neat things we do. He's my best friend and after 20+ years of marriage, there are a lot of people who would love to be able to say that. How about you? Are you married to your best friend?